webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Developer Forums >  Panel Software > Synology Music Player - synoMusic
Synology Music Player - synoMusic
Like Tree4Likes

Old 04/24/2012, 12:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

phone have some bugs, I will fix it today

touchpad works fine.
Old 04/24/2012, 12:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

was just about to post that. thx updates coming *thumbs up*
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/25/2012, 03:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

update in preware:

- fixed phone problem
- fixed some logic problems
- avoid timeout http request added
- new player menu icons, better for phones

hint how to change player mode is in pictures

Last edited by panel; 04/25/2012 at 03:33 AM.
panel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2012, 05:28 AM   #24 (permalink)

I use this app a lot, thank you!

I'm using it to stream music from my DS211J to a monoprice bluetooth receiver
BlueTooth
hooked up to an FM transmitter
CZH-05B

Would there be a way to save playlists on the TP?
gergev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/24/2012, 03:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergev View Post
I use this app a lot, thank you!

I'm using it to stream music from my DS211J to a monoprice bluetooth receiver
BlueTooth
hooked up to an FM transmitter
CZH-05B

Would there be a way to save playlists on the TP?
Hi,

why are you using FM transmitter ?

There's no problem to save active playlist. And I you wish to make local playlists on TP, I will think about solution.
Old 07/05/2012, 04:42 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panel View Post
Hi,

why are you using FM transmitter ?

There's no problem to save active playlist. And I you wish to make local playlists on TP, I will think about solution.
The FM transmitter sends signal to my stereo and portable boomboxes I use in the basement, porch, but I use it mostly with my sansa mp3 player (with FM), when gardening, mowing, outside.

Any change to the synology music directory would break local TP references to those files. Since I don't move my music files around, they would probably stick. If there were a way to store local playlists without too much effort, that would be great.

Thanks for your reply.
gergev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/14/2012, 07:29 AM   #27 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Sorry for the thread hijack panel, just wanted to give something back to the webOS/Synology community and made a manual to install/configure a cloud PIM solution on synology named Zarafa:
Building your own cloud with Zarafa using EAS to sync

Together with your apps, i now have my phone data completely in my hands - well synologys hdds

[back to topic]
Liked by panel likes this.
Old 09/02/2012, 04:58 AM   #28 (permalink)

I have to say - I love it It completely replaced every music app on my touchpad!

Is there any chance you will update the search (so that it searches on all pages not only the current one) and the advanced search (doesn't seam to work at all atm)?
That's the only thing still missing for me
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/2012, 05:04 AM   #29 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
Sorry for the thread hijack panel, just wanted to give something back to the webOS/Synology community and made a manual to install/configure a cloud PIM solution on synology named Zarafa:
Building your own cloud with Zarafa using EAS to sync

Together with your apps, i now have my phone data completely in my hands - well synologys hdds

[back to topic]
Sorry for late answer, I haven't noticed your post Thank you I'm already running on Zarafa and Z-Push plugin

It's great solution for me (paranoid person )))))
Old 09/02/2012, 05:05 AM   #30 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
I have to say - I love it It completely replaced every music app on my touchpad!

Is there any chance you will update the search (so that it searches on all pages not only the current one) and the advanced search (doesn't seam to work at all atm)?
That's the only thing still missing for me
Hi,

thank you for your response.

I have some plans with all synology apps, but have no time (

I will try to do something with it, beacuse I'm using it too and some bugs are anoying
Old 10/10/2012, 11:30 AM   #31 (permalink)

It's great that someone is working hard to develop a webOS app for Synology NAS owners. Does the job. I look forward to seeing your further progress.

For anyone interested, one other alternative player that works is a combination of:
- Logitech Media Server (in Synology DSM's Package Center - as the media server)
- Squeeze Control (paid app in AppCatalog - is a remote control for the "player" app)
- Squeeze Player (free app in AppCatalog - runs as a "player" in background)
It's a bit fiddly to set up (need to set up a mysqueezebox.com account, then input the server address and correct port details) but works well.
Malthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/26/2012, 04:23 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
My friends major 0.5.2 update in Preware:

- revamped Stream player (hope it will play continuous, without stopping)
- UPnP streamer / player support

please test it

PS: forgot to test on mobile phone, hope it will works :/
Thanks a lot for this promising app!

I tried it on my Pre3, and while playing the mp3 on my Pre works, it doesn't work when I set Play mode > USB speakers (which I assume should play the mp3 through the USB sound card attached to my DS213, right?) - there is a small circle turning in the right upper corner, that's all.

Playing a mp3 through USB using the Audio Station works.

Another bug is, that when I use the album browser, instead of listing the tracks of the album it lists all tracks stored in my library. Same for artist and genre browser.
WeeGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/30/2012, 09:13 AM   #33 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

as this should be the most frequenced synology users thread, i'll redirect you to a workaround to access the DSM mobile page on webOS:
http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...ile-webos.html
Old 12/08/2012, 05:52 PM   #34 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

I'm back.

New update in preware
Old 12/09/2012, 06:42 PM   #35 (permalink)

This app used to work, but for some reason now, when I select a song, it just says loading and doesn't play. I tried selecting a bunch of different songs, but it's all the same result. My player controls are also greyed out. The album art loads for whatever song I select, but the audio never plays. Any ideas why this is happening? I tried looking at the old thread, but didn't seem to find a solution.
Kimleng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 12:53 AM   #36 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Two updates in a day

0.55 works though i can't say anything about the fixed.

The controls on Pre2 are not centred anymore with new repeat button. But that's a minor

Changelog:
0.5.5:
- repeat button added

0.5.4:
- fixed icons
- fixed last song loop

Last edited by gizmo21; 12/10/2012 at 01:10 AM.
gizmo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/10/2012, 08:09 AM   #37 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hello,

sorry for late answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeGee View Post
I tried it on my Pre3, and while playing the mp3 on my Pre works, it doesn't work when I set Play mode > USB speakers (which I assume should play the mp3 through the USB sound card attached to my DS213, right?) - there is a small circle turning in the right upper corner, that's all.

Another bug is, that when I use the album browser, instead of listing the tracks of the album it lists all tracks stored in my library. Same for artist and genre browser.
Synology have changed Audio Station. I'm not using USB speakers, but I will fix this in few days.
Old 12/11/2012, 12:42 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Hello,

sorry for late answer

Synology have changed Audio Station. I'm not using USB speakers, but I will fix this in few days.
Hello there, panel....

I had one question about your app on Pre devices, Synology service almost like Pandora ?
Old 12/11/2012, 02:08 AM   #39 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
Hello there, panel....

I had one question about your app on Pre devices, Synology service almost like Pandora ?
Synology is piece of hardware, it's private (home) disk station. You can store there your music, photos, videis ... etc.

This app allows you to play music stored on your Synology NAS server.
Old 02/02/2013, 02:54 PM   #40 (permalink)
Homebrew Developer

Hello, my Veer is dead, and my TP battery have died too , but ...

New battery to TP is on way and I will try to make new features and will fix error
Thanked by Alastor263, Gwidion

Tags
music player, stream, synology

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0