1.    #1  
    Im assuming the Treo 700W will be evdo enabled?

Does anyone know if I will be able to keep data connected while talking to someone?

For example, aim, Keep aim logged in all day, even if someone calls or I call.
    Something like the sidekick on T-mobile.

Thanks!
    It's a little too soon for anyone to be able to answer this question.
    My wife will surly leave me. I read emails when I talk to her NOW.
    EVDO does not support voice and data at the same time. So no.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=

WM5 does however support multiple simultaneous connections, so you could use WIFI data and phone at the same time.

Surur
    You can already stay logged into IM with the Treo 600/650 all day (add-on software is required for IMing). You won't be able to send/receive IM messages while in a call, but no phone will do that (including Windows Mobile phones or the Sidekick), at least not over a cell phone connection. The PPC-6700 should be able to let you send/receive IM's via Wi-Fi while you're talking on a cell phone call.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    You cannot use evdo and receive a phone call at the same time, however you can receive a call during evdo usage in which case evdo connection will be suspended. After the call it will resume evdo connection.
    This is a carrier, not hadset, issue. I read somewhere (Google it) that there is an EVDV standard which will handle simultaneous data and voice.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    This is a carrier, not hadset, issue. I read somewhere (Google it) that there is an EVDV standard which will handle simultaneous data and voice.
    You forgot the key word: Someday. None of the major US providers has EVDV in their released plans as yet.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    EVDO Rev A will also do this. Sprint has Rev A in its plans for 18 months from now, if I remember correctly.