View Poll Results: Will you leave your current provider to go with Verizon just to get the new Treo 700?

Voters
242. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell no, didnt someone tell Verizon that the "can you hear me now?" guy is played out?

195 80.58%
  • Yes, sure tmobile, I might get more minutes but not the 700.

5 2.07%
  • Yes, I never liked that orange Cingular thing.

13 5.37%
  • Yes, What were you thinking...Sprint+Nextel ?

29 11.98%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Tmo T600 just died after 1 1/2 yrs. Tmo doesn't offer a warranty. VZW does. For a phone that costs ~$600 that is a deal breaker for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    I'm far more tempted to take a look at the Nokia N61 than a Treo 700w.
    I wish I had no OS requirements but I do. That being said Palm & WM have many more apps designed for their system than s60 or even Blackberry. For example, I am a health care worker & need access to a drug database. Palm has it... WM has it... S60 & even Balckberry don't. You can accesss this info through the web. But even with unlimited net access, you do not always have a signal (or permission to use wireless devices in certain parts of Hospitals, etc)
    I wish this wasn't the case, but it is. I clicked on your link & the apps available look weak. Blackberry's list was a little better but still pretty limited. That kills the it for me. Still a cool phone, but not much of a pda.

That being said I do think Nokia is better at making phones than Plam. If they would just come out with something with Treo's form factor & WM5, they could give the T700 a run for the $$$$$$$$
    Last edited by />eathwish; 12/27/2005 at 02:15 PM.
    I guess it depends on where you are now and how satisfied but as a 5 yr sprint customer, this is just a good reason for me to finally bail out and move to verizon. Sprint service is fine, customer service SUCKS bad and I find that very important. I can't count how many times I've made simple changes to my account only to find during bill time they screwed the pooch.

If you turn your sprint phone on and never ever call customer service I guarantee you are pretty satisfied.

Of course, the other reason is I got to have the top of the line treo

If I was satisfied however, I would just wait til sprint got it. I am not into jumping phone services.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ipxpert
    I am just curious if any of you are so motivated to have the new 700 that Verizon will start selling that you would change from another carrier to get it.

I left Tmobile today and jumped on with Verizon and one of the two reasons I left Tmo was in anticipation of the 700. I am going to use the 650 until that happens.

Cheers,
    I will never leave GSM for one major reason. I like to carry around diff phone(with same number). When I go to the club I want my RAZR not the bulky Treo. Try this CDMA users. I like my num and account to be on a SIM. I have 4 GSM phones including the 650 Also 3g is out for GSM for some cities and will be big next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    I will never leave GSM for one major reason. I like to carry around diff phone(with same number). When I go to the club I want my RAZR not the bulky Treo. Try this CDMA users.
    I agree that having a SIM is much better in this regard. It is also nice to be able to pop in a SIM from Hong Kong and communicate at reasonable rates.

However, CDMA users can swap phones without too much trouble. You can just have another VZW phone activated and it takes about 10 minutes. I wouldn't do it daily but I've done it once/month for various reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    I'm far more tempted to take a look at the Nokia N61 than a Treo 700w.
    Wow... someone woke up Nokia. Nice. Better pay attention Palm, or you will find others have caught up and you have nothing really new or innovative to offer... except maybe a migration path to WM.
    VZW CDMA customers can swap phones till their hearts are content. And it takes about 60 seconds. I have 3 phones I swap with. You simply login to your VZW account and activate the new phones ESN.

Presto - chango.
    Someone was mentioning wanting to go to VZW for the 700 but you'd have to buy a new one, yes? I mean you can't swap out your old treo for a new one? Also I found a website on how to unlock your treo so you can use it with any GSM provider so I was interested in some of the feedback on things like
    -Internet speed
    -Data Plan Prices
    -Fairness of the Network
    -Contract / Cancelation fees

I got my treo about a month ago and was kind of disapointed in the speed of the internet with Cingular. I know the Windows powered Samsung i730 has blazing fast internet. Only problem is I only paid 200 for my treo 600 and the i730 is like 600. For that big a difference though I might have the right mind to throw down the cash or take out a loan. I work at BestBuy and most of the wireless guys that work there think Verizon is the best provider. Personally I think better of Cingular because of the no roaming and whatnot but T-Moble sounds pretty good now too. I need details and more information...

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwimmerlaik
    They gave me unlimited web/e-mail and 100 txt. messages/month for the same $10.00.
    WHAT?! How did you hook that up?! Unlimited data is like $80. That's insane. If I could get that deal going on I'd get with Sprint in an instant
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345