Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gualti
    Hi I got a treo 700w on ebay it works just fine on verizon but cant get a data connection does anyone have settings for evdo (i guess they must be the same that for the samsung) or even for a slower network.
    I have already installed the data plan so that should be ok.
    Thanks fryour help
    Wow. You really want it, do you? I saw it was listed for $2500.

I'm probably asking too much from you. If you don't mind doing some experimenting, can you try to install an app that is not square-aware? TIA
  2.    #42  
    under storage i have total 62.94 mb and in program i have 25.45mb
    Thanks. So roughly 37MB free or is the WM5 not counted? How much free ram is available?
    WM5 apps are loaded into rom not ram. The 25mb free ram he has is used to run programs. The more ram available, the more apps he can run at once (multitasking)
    On Ebay didn't it basically say may or may not work with data? (Which I took to mean wouldn't). And how did you get Verizon to change the ESN without asking why it was coming up as 670?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    ok.. you should have something in the list named Express Network with the number of #777...if you dont click on new if you do click on edit..

from there

on select a modem it should say Cellular Line.
    click next
    The number dialed should say #777 on the next sceen... make sure then click next again

now the username is your 10 digit phone number@vzw3g.com

will get you the password in a sec...
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Password is vzw
    lower case... not sure about the password part but that should work.. leave domain blank...let me know if this works..we may have to go to the advaned section but i dont think so...
    Quote Originally Posted by newtonjack
    I guess he showed you.
    Yes. That's what I wanted.

Now getting an unauthorized prototype to work will be another thing...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Yes. That's what I wanted.

Now getting an unauthorized prototype to work will be another thing...

Right, wheres Dr Spock when ya need em?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    gualti did it work????
  11.    #51  
    im sure will try tomorrow and let you know thanks for your help...i had different settings so i am curious to see if yours work.
  12.    #52  
    no it did not work it says answering modem has disconnected....
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    Shucks.. if you local I can try to help?
    A coworker of mine is having problems connecting to EvDO here in NYC on his i730. It's too coincidental that you are getting the same message as him. He thought it was his hardware and so he went and got a replacement unit in downtown Manhattan and it is still saying the same thing. Something must be going on with Verizon and EvDO in NYC.

The problem may not be with your device at all. But I will say that is very odd because even if the EvDO network cannot be obtained, these devices are supposed to drop down to the Express Network and that IS working since I have been able to successfully use it on my Treo 650.
  15.    #55  
    so what would be the settings for non evdo data on verizon??
    Guys, I am going to split this thread since there are other reponses here that refers to or discusses the Windows Treo but not the ones that gualti needs.

Done. Try to give your suggestions to gualti and hopefully gualti can respond back with answers to the specs of the Windows Treo that was asked earlier.

gualti, if you can, try to answer some of the questions (not related to your current data connection question) to this thread:
    for desktop users: about the treo 700w or
    for mobile users: about the treo 700w
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 10/21/2005 at 09:01 PM.
    just wanted to say congrats on being the very 1st TC member w/ a Treo 700w

-How'd I wish that would have been me
    when i go to settins it says broadband access #777 and user says verizon thats all; i get error message :"the answering modem has disconnected" i wonder if thee are some other settings that work on verizon (like the one of the treo 650 no evdo but at least i can use the phone and test push email function on it)
    I think the user needs to be QNC (for quick net connect).
    BTW, the SMTP server: mail.airbridge.net if you want to use an email app for your POP3 accounts and you have a problem with no email relaying with your ISP.
    so what would be the settings for non evdo data on verizon??
    The settings are the same. There is no difference in the settings for EvDO as opposed to Express Network. It's just odd that EvDO seems to be having these problems.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123