Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    under the grey tape is the prototype number i cant disclose that sorry
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    So - it's not really a production 700W, but a prototype. God knows what firmware it has. How could you expect anyone to help with a prototype that no one has seen or even has specs for?

You could certainly do the Treo community a favor by listing the specs on your prototype.

Verbatim - I don't think that "grab snatch" team will come after qual. They'll go after the ebay seller. It has to be someone from inside Verizon, Palm or HTC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Since the [img] tags work in this forum, you can do an offsite link, or just attach the jpg in your post.

Hold the phone up to this screen, this thread, this post when you take the pic.

(not a WM Treo, but this pic should do the trick, for reference)

I guess he showed you.
  4.    #24  
    I just need verizon settings to try to connect to internet everything else works just fine i can tell it has 64 mb of memory and that the windos mobile integration is fabulous the today screen is a great improvement over the PALM OS, also the keyboard is much easier to type.I dont know where i can get screen resolution or bluetooth type
    Quote Originally Posted by gualti
    I just need verizon settings to try to connect to internet everything else works just fine i can tell it has 64 mb of memory and that the windos mobile integration is fabulous the today screen is a great improvement over the PALM OS, also the keyboard is much easier to type.I dont know where i can get screen resolution or bluetooth type

Can you tell if the screen is 240x240 or 480x480?

TIA
    This is good. Let us try to learn what this Treo can do.

To your question, walk us thru. Can you get to the network settings? If yes, what options do you have and values without revealing personal info that may be there?
  7.    #27  
    when i go to settins it says broadband access #777 and user says verizon thats all; i get error message :"the answering modem has disconnected" i wonder if thee are some other settings that work on verizon (like the one of the treo 650 no evdo but at least i can use the phone and test push email function on it)
    when I try to find the ONE t700 that was on ebay for $2500, it says "invalid item" for that ebay item number. It says that it was removed. I guess he got an item that was removed. I don't know how that would work. I don't know how the ebay seller wouldn't be in some sort of trouble. It's a puzzle wrapped up in an enigma wrapped up in a mystery. The only really strange part is that the picture looks real.
  9.    #29  
    go on www.wirelessimports.com and you can see lots of prototypes now honestly i wouldnt buy any othe rprototypes just to avoid the hassle i am going through now...i was just very curious to see the palm user experiece on a windows mobile...but it was a costly experience...
    Wow, that's pretty amazing!! I totally understand not wanting to wait but I also can't imagine VZW cooperating with getting it working in any way. Those people on the phone don't even know how to do a soft reset on a treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    This is good. Let us try to learn what this Treo can do.

To your question, walk us thru. Can you get to the network settings? If yes, what options do you have and values without revealing personal info that may be there?

I agree, this is a great opportunity to learn more about the Treo 700 since Palm and MS didnt reveal much at the press conference. I wish I could help but this stuff is way above my pay grade.
    gualti,
    Sorry about the hassle you've had to go through here. If you want help with regular data access to Verizon, this is the place - though with my 650, I can't even see my network settings... It just says "National Access." I'm sure there are some here with more technical knowledge who can help you set it up. If you don't get a response here, and if the moderators allow it, you may want to post in the 650 forum, since many experienced users might not even bother checking the Windows Mobile Treo forum. I suggest you list all the input fields in your network settings, so that others can help fill in the blanks.

But first question is, what data plan do you have with Verizon? I can't imagine that you'll get ev-do, or even regular data, if your plan doesn't specifically allow it. I don't think it would hurt to call Verizon's data tech support anonymously and ask them about your situation. Or just tell them you're thinking about picking up a 700w on ebay. Perhaps they won't care.

If you want ev-do info, I'd suggest checking out the forums at evdoinfo.com. Specifically, the Verizon forum:
    http://www.evdoforums.com/forum-1.html
    There may be more people there who have phones or laptops already running on ev-do. (It's funny - I was just browsing the site, and in the 700w thread, they suggest people come to treocentral.com for any Treo questions) But again, I think you'll have to sign up for ev-do first.

If you're willing, there are dozens of people here who would appreciate anything else you can share about the 700w - the built-in apps, the UI, the browser (if you ever get connected), the hardware specs, compatibility with older WM apps, etc. I would love to be able to play with the 700w but I'm not brave enough to buy a prototype online, especially without the assurance that it'll even be able to work.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I can try to help.. have a i730 and the settings should be similar if not the same...

Go to Settings then click on the connections tab... then click on the connections icon...then click on manage existing connections...

Let me know if you get this far and we can continue...
  14.    #34  
    im there yes
  15.    #35  
    now unedr manage existing connection i have broadband access under name and #777 under umber do you have the same settings??
    Quote Originally Posted by DHart
    Verbatim - I don't think that "grab snatch" team will come after qual. They'll go after the ebay seller. It has to be someone from inside Verizon, Palm or HTC.
    Agreed.
    Unlocked 750v: Voice / Data
    Blackberry 7130c: Private Line
    Motorola v60g T-Mo: Business Voice
    Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
    7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.
    Just to pip in a question - whats the processor speed?

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by gualti
    here it goes hope than that satisfies you...now sriously i dont want to get into trouble i just would like for my treo to work so i can test it in the best of coditions.Thanks
    I stand corrected.

I guess this is what it will feel like in 2035 when the JFK docs are unsealed

Good find, Gulati, your like a eBay'ing Han Solo
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    whats the processor speed?

Surur
    Yes, as Surur said, and please, if you could, the Windows Mobile screen that states the version, firmware, all that good crap.
    Also please post the equivalent of Palm's Launcher->Info stuff so we can see how much ram apps and WM5.0 takes up. The thing I'm afraid of is that WM5.0 takes >32MB of ram leaving the Treo700 just as memory starved as the 650 is now.

Is there an equivalent of WinXP's Control Panel->System->General tab you could show? How about Control Panel->Display->Settings? Would like to know the screen resolution.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast