1.    #1  
    I have a treo 600 and wonder if I opt to get the treo 700w, how do I transfer my palm data to the windows os? or is it possible?
    I have had the treo since the 180 and really like it, but after having it over 1 year, (past the warranty of course) I now have freezing in the vibrate mode,
    inability to hold a call (must dial about 10 times to get connected and then it drops) and dropping calls when I just move around. Tech support thinks it is a software problem and they can only suggest latest updates and soft reset, both of which I have done. Anyone else have these problems? How did you solve?
    Thanks.
    The transfer of data to a 700w should be seemless. The 700w should come with upgrade path instructions.

Even so, right now you could just transfer your 600 data to Outlook and then the 700w could pick it up from there.

Not sure on the call dropping situation . . .
    Try posting that piece of you post in the 600 forum . . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    well, I know this is not the right forum, but this is what palm got sued over - the dropped call situation (this I think will hold water in court).

I'd just call Palm or sprint (go to store) and tell them this is a known problem and it has been happening a while.

Your problem most likely is a corroded battery wire (or something like that). I bet if you plug in your treo 600 and make calls it will be connect most if not all the time. That was the major flaw with the 600, a fairly large batch of them had faulty battery connectors. The wires or whatever are known to fail quickly. It shouldn't matter if you have scratches on your device, etc. as long as it is this known hardware problem.

If you can confirm that you can use the phone to make calls when it's plugged in to charger and then go to sprint and show them it dropping calls and not making calls, tell em its been happening a while and you lived with it, but now it's out of control and you need a refurbished replacement. That should work. Get a refurbished one because you know it will have been tested.

let me know how your tests go. If they would give you a decent credit (most likely you'll just get a refurb, which is still good!), i'd just go for the treo 650, it's definitely worth it.
    Oh wait, treo 180's not sprint, so I guess your treo is like cingular or ATT, either way I think it's still the same situation.
    Personally, by the way, I wouldn't switch to MS Treo unless your business requires. If you like Palm stick with them. Palm is most likely going to buy back the Palm OS (garnet) from Access (palmsource) this year. And development will continue with Palm devices. I just like the interface so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    Personally, by the way, I wouldn't switch to MS Treo unless your business requires. If you like Palm stick with them. Palm is most likely going to buy back the Palm OS (garnet) from Access (palmsource) this year. And development will continue with Palm devices. I just like the interface so much better.
    Anythng you can cite for this or is this a personal feeling?
    yeah (on treo now so I can only direct u where to go) go to a thread I started in future treos titled somethin like "palm to buy palm os" there's a link to an article in it. It makes sense for access to pay so much $ for psrc if they already worked deal out w/ palm for palm os
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts
    yeah (on treo now so I can only direct u where to go) go to a thread I started in future treos titled somethin like "palm to buy palm os" there's a link to an article in it. It makes sense for access to pay so much $ for psrc if they already worked deal out w/ palm for palm os
    Found the thread but the link is broken.