Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 153
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    I have 100% solid proof. But that is not for the forums.
    Not for the forums, yet you comment on the integrity of my company in the forums.

    Feel free to PM me.
  2. #62  
    Well, SP2 is now out in the wild. How long will it take for a report on how it works with a Treo?
    elbastardocalvo
  3.    #63  
    Beat me to it, elbastardocalvo....Just saw the release. However, the new messaging features won't work with the Treo. Only WM5 devices.

    Here is a nice kudo:
    " HP plans a company-wide rollout of SP2 in the near future, Microsoft said."
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Not for the forums, yet you comment on the integrity of my company in the forums.

    Feel free to PM me.
    Because giving specifics would talk about details about companies that I am NDA'ed with, you know how this work. And should I talk about the specifics that really doesn't belong here? I voiced my opinion, and that is all it is. If I wanted to make a case out of it I would create a website singling out Good technology and pointing out everything. But I am not, no reason too. If they succeed/not succeed it all doesn't matter to me.

    Back on the subject of SP2 though: why would any company who is running Exchange who is also runing an ActiveSync-SP2 compatible device use GoodLink instead?

    BTW, goodaccess used to be called Good Forms. This product is years old.

    The reason the carriers are adopting GoodLink is because they can make money on it. They cannot make money on ExchangeActiveSync (except data charges).
  5. #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
    Well, SP2 is now out in the wild. How long will it take for a report on how it works with a Treo?
    If you are a company running exchange and also use Treo's, your best option right now is GoodLink. It will be a while before microsoft's solution will work well on other devices. (maybe this time next year?)
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    ....GoodAccess is 7 months old, so to pass judgement at this time would be premature....
    And right there in a nutshell is the basic problem with the FUD you sputter about in these forums.

    You are all about trying to pass judgment on Microsoft's offerings even as they are released!

    Probably 2/3rds of your clients are SMS-based, and you want to quibble over the definition of "push". AGAIN!

    Let's keep it simple, you continue to shill your product and refrain from trying to spread negative misconceptions about another company's products.
    Last edited by delta_baggage; 10/19/2005 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typo in forum code...
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Because giving specifics would talk about details about companies that I am NDA'ed with, you know how this work. And should I talk about the specifics that really doesn't belong here? I voiced my opinion, and that is all it is. If I wanted to make a case out of it I would create a website singling out Good technology and pointing out everything. But I am not, no reason too.
    I don't think there is anything in the NDA that says you can't comment on ethics of a company you are dealing with. You brought it up, made an accusation and when asked for proof, you claim NDA. Therefore, your accusation carries no water. End of discussion.


    If they succeed/not succeed it all doesn't matter to me.
    Really? Not the impression I get from this:

    Quote Originally Posted by farzonalmaneih
    Buh bye good.

    I am not sorry at all that GoodLink will go down.
    Back on the subject of SP2 though: why would any company who is running Exchange who is also runing an ActiveSync-SP2 compatible device use GoodLink instead?
    Again, this is not a GoodLink vs MSFT thread. As I said, you start a thread with that and tell me why MSFT instead of GoodLink, I will respond.

    BTW, goodaccess used to be called Good Forms. This product is years old.
    Two entirely different products. GoodAcces is NOT GoodForms Version X.

    The reason the carriers are adopting GoodLink is because they can make money on it. They cannot make money on ExchangeActiveSync (except data charges).
    Then why were the carriers selling our product before we signed agreements with them and they made NO money off of GL except data charges?

    Since this has gotten wayyyyy off topic, this will be my last response on these subjects.
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    I don't think there is anything in the NDA that says you can't comment on ethics of a company you are dealing with. You brought it up, made an accusation and when asked for proof, you claim NDA. Therefore, your accusation carries no water. End of discussion.




    Really? Not the impression I get from this:





    Again, this is not a GoodLink vs MSFT thread. As I said, you start a thread with that and tell me why MSFT instead of GoodLink, I will respond.


    Two entirely different products. GoodAcces is NOT GoodForms Version X.



    Then why were the carriers selling our product before we signed agreements with them and they made NO money off of GL except data charges?

    Since this has gotten wayyyyy off topic, this will be my last response on these subjects.
    Last response because this response wasn't a resonse either?

    Nothing above is true. Weird how you argue it. Whatever.
  9. #69  
    Yes, to bring the ethics of the company, and the other companies involved it would break my NDA's. Why is this hard to understand? hint hint billing mistakes..
  10.    #70  
    [QUOTE=delta_baggage]
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    ....GoodAccess is 7 months old, so to pass judgement at this time would be premature....QUOTE]

    And right there in a nutshell is the basic problem with the FUD you sputter about in these forums.

    You are all about trying to pass judgment on Microsoft's offerings even as they are released!

    Probably 2/3rds of your clients are SMS-based, and you want to quibble over the definition of "push". AGAIN!

    Let's keep it simple, you continue to shill your product and refrain from trying to spread negative misconceptions about another company's products.
    Delta..long time no see. Was waiting for you on this one. As for your numbers, Verizon is #3 in of the three majors in relation to GoodLink subscriptions.

    I am not passing judgement on SP2 before it is released, I am going by what has been published by MSFT and what has been published by 3rd party, ie, Gartner, on SP2. Now that it has been released, we shall see the acceptance rate.

    If you read this thread, you will see that time and time again, I am trying to keep this from a Good vs MSFT thread. The fact that I work for Good seems to invite people to head down that road, which is understandable. If you want to get into a feature by feature comparison of SP2 vs GoodLink, by all means, start a thread and we can discuss it there. The definition of push, I have also said time and time again, is moot as end-users couldn't care less how things get to their device. The last paragraph in my initial post:

    This is only one of the many things that you won't hear from Redmond as it relates to the Messaging and Security Feature Pack. Security, fleet management, and other things are there as well, but this seems like a good start for the discussion.
    Want to talk about security, we can? Want to talk about management and support, we can. You choose the sub-topic and outside of Good vs MSFT, no problems at all.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    However, the new messaging features won't work with the Treo. Only WM5 devices.
    That's not what it appears to say here.
    elbastardocalvo
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    I don't think there is anything in the NDA that says you can't comment on ethics of a company you are dealing with. You brought it up, made an accusation and when asked for proof, you claim NDA. Therefore, your accusation carries no water. End of discussion....
    Now that is funny. The last time this whole thread came around, it you--GOODFUDDA--who was repeatedly claiming "NDA" to cover his unsupported claims.

    All I can say to anyone who reads this thread, is they would do themselves a favor to review the earlier one in detail.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
    That's not what it appears to say here.
    Exchange 2003 does support ActiveSync (which runs on multiple devices) but the new features in SP2 will only run on WM5 devices.
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Exchange 2003 does support ActiveSync (which runs on multiple devices) but the new features in SP2 will only run on WM5 devices.
    Again, I read the SP2 release materials to include all ActiveSync devices, not just WM5.
    elbastardocalvo
  15.    #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
    Again, I read the SP2 release materials to include all ActiveSync devices, not just WM5.
    Maybe I am misreading it

    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/evaluation/features/owa_mobile.mspx
    Improvements in Exchange Server SP2 are available for devices that run the Microsoft Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0. The Feature Pack, together with SP2, is the latest set of improvements to the Microsoft mobile messaging solution. SP2 and the Messaging and Security Feature Pack provide a better Microsoft Office Outlook Mobile experience while making it easier than ever to manage and control devices. To find out about Windows Mobile 5.0 devices that include the Messaging and Security Feature Pack, visit the Windows Mobile 5.0 Messaging and Security Feature Pack page on the Microsoft Windows Mobile site.
  16. #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    ...Want to talk about security, we can? Want to talk about management and support, we can. You choose the sub-topic and outside of Good vs MSFT, no problems at all.
    See, here's the thing. The one thing Exchange Activesync, DirectPush and Exchange 2003 SP2 and the Messaging and Security Feature Pack, and heck, even Windows Mobile 5 are NOT about...is Good and GoodLink!

    So you should really stop disparaging the other company's product. Because every time you do, you are actually disparaging your OWN product; by your shady comments. Clearly you live by the old saw, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." (W.C. Fields)

    Less biased participants will (very) soon be actually testing the new software, the new features and the company's claims. THEY will report their experience, and a hopefully meaningful discussion will ensue.

    When it does, it STILL will NOT be about Good or GoodLink...
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Maybe I am misreading it
    I saw that, but then the main SP2 page lists all ActiveSync devices as being compatible with the improvements. Ambiguous, to be sure. Note, too, that the paragraph you wuote refers to Outlook Mobile, and not to ActiveSync, which I understand to be a different product.
    elbastardocalvo
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by delta_baggage
    See, here's the thing. The one thing Exchange Activesync, DirectPush and Exchange 2003 SP2 and the Messaging and Security Feature Pack, and heck, even Windows Mobile 5 are NOT about...is Good and GoodLink!

    So you should really stop disparaging the other company's product. Because every time you do, you are actually disparaging your OWN product; by your shady comments. Clearly you live by the old saw, "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull." (W.C. Fields)

    Less biased participants will (very) soon be actually testing the new software, the new features and the company's claims. THEY will report their experience, and a hopefully meaningful discussion will ensue.

    When it does, it STILL will NOT be about Good or GoodLink...
    While I see your point, in one respect, it very much can be GoodLink vs MSFP because GoodLink is the leading provider of wireless email for industry standard devices, of which WM5 driven devices are are a part. Therefore, MSFP is a competitive product. Granted, it seems that MSFT is gunning for RIM because MSFT wants the operating systems.

    You also have a very valid point regarding pointing out the faults of competitive products vs pointing out the features of mine that make it better. That was wrong and I apologize. Truly, my goal in starting this thread was to start a discussion regarding the MSFP features/benefits and I am just as much at fault for letting it degrade into a Good vs SP2 discussion.
  19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by elbastardocalvo
    I saw that, but then the main SP2 page lists all ActiveSync devices as being compatible with the improvements. Ambiguous, to be sure. Note, too, that the paragraph you wuote refers to Outlook Mobile, and not to ActiveSync, which I understand to be a different product.
    ActiveSync is compatible with all ActiveSync devices using AUTD. The actual title of the feature pack is "Messaging & Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0" and how I am reading the below, the improvements will only work on those phones with WM5:

    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/sp2/overview.mspx
    Most mobile e-mail improvements, with the exception of support for tasks and for pictures in contacts lists, require that your device or the software on the devices be compatible with Exchange Server 2003 SP2. Windows Mobile–based devices require the Messaging and Security Feature Pack for Windows Mobile 5.0.
    It is confusing.
  20. #80  
    From my understanding you cannot test the non-AUTD push features of Exchange SP2 until they release the Messaging and Security Pack.

    I have installed SP2, and it works great with AUTD. Tasks are there now, and it syncs faster. The install was very easy.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions