Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Hey guys i found a site

www.HotSpotcellular.com

where they sell the treo 700 as well as other cool phones anyone ordred from them, seems like a good site. I went ahead and pre-orderd mine.
    Stop posting in muliple threads!
    funny how they list it as a GSM/Tri-band phone when it's Verizon and CDMA...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I wouldn't hold my breath waiting they are saying end of first quarter or second quarter 06'. Where is the 700p I haven't heard anything on the palm version.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    sorry about the double post, I was tring to find the right one.
    and you thought treo 650 hardware was the right one?

Maybe the 700 forum would be a good place
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    <moved>
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    where IS the 700 form ??

thanks
    It'd called "Windows Mobile Treo". A little confusing agreed, since the others use the model number. Perhaps "Treo 700w" would be clearer.
    It's just a site where you can pay them and then wait like everyone else for it to be released. It says "coming soon in two months"
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    it doesnt hurt to try they have other cool phones that are in stock that i havnt seen anyone have.
    I find it interesting that they list it as having 7 hours of talk time. Where did they get that spec?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Hmm
    Hmm?
    More like...you've been duped, my friend.
    You are the type that gives the ice cream man the money first before he hands you the cone, aren't you?
    *sigh* You wouldn't last 2 seconds in Jerz or Boston.
    I, too, await the WM5 Treo. Palm OS was circa 1996 in terms of hardware and software build, and MS will help this company out a lot.

Can't wait!!
    Prior to the 650 coming out, there were lots of sites that would gladly hold your money under the pretense that they would somehow be the first to get a 650 for you.

In some cases, the sites were upfront that they didn't have any special connection or insight into availability. Other sites were purposely vague on the issue, hoping that a few suckers would pay to be put on a list.

This is the first site that I've seen actually make up specifications (i.e. 7 hours talk time) out of thin air. We don't know what capacity battery is in the thing, so how can they even hazard a guess? Furthermore, the EVDO capabilities would surely require more power than the 1xRTT in the 650 and that bearly gets 5 hours talk time (while disconnected from data).

The site is just hoping to snag a few suckers into getting on their list. There is no way I would order a device that: 1. I haven't seen. 2. Don't know the specs. 3. Don't know the real price. After all, we don't know what Verizon will charge for it (with or without subsidy).

Crazy!
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I find the $599.00 price a little hard to believe.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Is that expensive ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    I find the $599.00 price a little hard to believe.
    I'm assuming the starting price would be much higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    I'm assuming the starting price would be much higher.
    I doubt it...that's the typical treo price point.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I doubt it...that's the typical treo price point.

That would put it below the current unlocked Treo 650 from palm.
    http://web.palm.com/products/communi...tegoryId=30025
    and the 700 hasn't even hit the market yet.
    So I'm curious how a third party retailer can already quote a retail price of $699.00 and a sale price of $599.00
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast