1.    #1  
    I've read on yahoo.com news that microsoft and Palm One is working together to produce a Treo 700 that will have Microsoft windows. I saw the new design for the Treo 700. It looks really streamline.

Go to www.yahoo.com, click on news and type in the search engine Palm One Treo 700. They will have an article about the new Treo 700.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I wonder if we will be able/possible to convert Treo 650's over to the windows platform at some point in time whether it be legal or hacked otherwise? Comments? Shadowmite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cona
    I've read on yahoo.com news that microsoft and Palm One is working together to produce a Treo 700 that will have Microsoft windows. I saw the new design for the Treo 700. It looks really streamline.

Go to www.yahoo.com, click on news and type in the search engine Palm One Treo 700. They will have an article about the new Treo 700.
    Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I can't believe nobody has posted that here before.

Oh wait. . . .

Here it is. . .

http://discussion.treocentral.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76

A whole forum dedicated to this new Treo.

Last edited by rbenjami; 09/29/2005 at 03:19 PM.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Please, before you post something like this in the Treo 650 hardware forum, take a good and hard look at the "Windows Mobile Treo" forum. There's a wealth of information in there about this new device.

As for CRX, your comment, I don't believe WM could be run on existing Treos. The hardware just isn't there for such a resource hog as Windows...especially the memory. I think it requires at least 64 MB to even run.
    Palm Treo 680
    Unlocked GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I can't believe nobody has posted that here before.
    So mean!

Now apologize and pat him on the helmet.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas
    So mean!

Now apologize and pat him on the helmet.
    I thought it was pretty funny! You have to admit that it wouldn't have taken much of a search to find an entire forum on the subject. All rbenjami did was give Cona a nice little slap up-side the head and pointed him/her in the right direction. It could have been MUCH worse - and not nearly as entertaining!
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb882
    I thought it was pretty funny! You have to admit that it wouldn't have taken much of a search to find an entire forum on the subject. All rbenjami did was give Cona a nice little slap up-side the head and pointed him/her in the right direction. It could have been MUCH worse - and not nearly as entertaining!
    I was kidding too. Note the "helmet" reference.
    Yeah - he should thank God Insertion didn't find his post first.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Yeah - he should thank God Insertion didn't find his post first.
    Oh, the humanity.
  10.    #10  
    Ok, I am new here and it seems I made a mistake and people start attacking me.
    I DID NOT KNOW THERE WAS A WHOLE FORUM DEDICATED TO THE WINDOWS OR TREO 700 BECAUSE I HAD JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT IT IN THE YAHOO NEWS.
    I thought the new Treo 700 had a window software and it was relatively new and I didn't see where to put it in this forum. If I knew then I wouldn't have posted in the 650 hardware. THIS WAS A SIMPLE MISTAKE FOR GODSAKE. BE NICE ABOUT IT OR DON'T REPLY AT ALL.

I DO NOT NEED THIS KIND OF NEGATIVITY FROM PEOPLE WHEN IT'S JUST A SIMPLE MISTAKE.

TO THE OWNER OF THIS FORUM, PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT AS I AM NOT POSTING HERE ANYMORE.
    Apparently, daThomas was more accurate with his helmet response then we realized.
    Last edited by Insertion; 09/29/2005 at 05:25 PM.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Boy it didn't take long for that guy to leave. Granted he should have looked or did a search...I mean my God its on the front page of the website. But people could be nicer...who am I kidding I'd rip into him to!!!
    First off, not sure why this thread is still opened. So I'm closing it.

Secondly, Cona, I think you're over-reacting a little bit. Yes, all that was needed was a simple post directing you to the proper forum. Instead you got a sarcastic reply from one person. I've seen far worse. It's not right and we do our best to stop it when it does happen.

In the future, and this goes to anyone who responded to this thread, help us out by reporting the post. This way we can decide whether it should be moved to a different forum, closed or removed all together. Leave the sarcastic replies somewhere else.