Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    There must be a distinction between faith and hope. If not, why have two words?
    I thought that was a Sitcom?
    oh that's funny. I assumed "pos" means piece of sh*t...
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    DON'T I FEEL small
    Of course, there are those that feel PalmOS and Piece Of Sh!t are synonymous.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Of course, there are those that feel PalmOS and Piece Of Sh!t are synonymous.

proudly not one of them.
    Will the Sprint Treo have push to talk, for the nextel service ??
    anyone
    Sure...

Push-to-talk, Palm OS 6, Cobalt or whatever with multi-tasking, a 500MHz processor, 128MB of RAM, an improved file system (-NVFS), and a 480x480 OLED screen that needs no back light so it uses less power which will finally enable them to SUPPORT WiFi on it via the SD slot.

Just kidding of course...

As long as the 240x240 screen rumor holds true I'm not giving the 700w a second thought until I've held it in my hand and played with it. It would take a vastly improved experience to get me to abandon all the software I've bought for the Palm OS.

So here's to hoping Ed has a 700p up his sleeve in time for Christmas.

--TechDude
    Not that I believe Sprint Store flunkies, but didn't Palm say in the announcement that there would be a PalmOS device released before the end of 2005? Sure, maybe it won't be a Treo, but here's hoping it's a 700p and ready for the holidays. Seems very odd that Palm wouldn't have something shiny and new in time for the holiday buying season - especially now that smartphones are finally gaining market share.

Verizon can still have exclusivity on the 700w, but I don't remember reading that the 700p is necessarily delayed until mid/late 2006. Maybe that's just wishful thinking...
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Seems very odd that Palm wouldn't have something shiny and new in time for the holiday buying season - especially now that smartphones are finally gaining market share.

Yeah, that would be a very bad business decision. But then again, this IS palm...
    Indeed, I would suspect that a POS 700 would come with the 320 x 320 we've all grown to love!

I'm a man of faith, and I'm starting to beleive and hope myself!!

....and I said I wouldn't upgrade right away......HA!!!
    .....if VZW EV-DO comes to town and so does an EV-DO 700p........somebody just try to stop me!!!!
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
    Quote Originally Posted by TechDude
    Sure...

Push-to-talk, Palm OS 6, Cobalt or whatever with multi-tasking, a 500MHz processor, 128MB of RAM, an improved file system (-NVFS), and a 480x480 OLED screen that needs no back light so it uses less power which will finally enable them to SUPPORT WiFi on it via the SD slot.

Just kidding of course...
    How in the world did you get the spec sheet for the Treo 2010? You forgot that it will have a 1.2 gigawatt Mr. Fusion power source as well.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by ashu16
    I won't deny the guy is an *****- a nice guy with a sweet phone, but he doesn't know how to use it. I've dealt with him before many times, and he knows me- and this just seemed different . . . like he really did know something. I'm not counting my chickens or anything yet, but the candle of hope (of *something* on Sprint soon) has been lit. In fact, now that I think back about it, I don't think he knew that Palm/Verizion/Microsoft's 700W was introduced this week- which is what made me even more curious. Was he just betting on all past years when Palm had a 4th quarter Treo release- or did he maybe know something- and did he just shut up abruptly to create *mystery* to his rumors? Just a thought.

Ironically, gharrod, the other person in the store was a Treo 300 user who's phone had bit the dust and he was getting a 600 replacement upgrade. He was like a kid in a candy store- he didn't believe what he was seeing with this "new" Treo 600. So, I don't think they're selling 600's anymore, but at least this Sprint store was replacing 300's with them.

I also had a hard time finding the sprint brochures- there's the Nextel brochures with the Sprint logo, but no Sprint network brochures . . .
    How can someone get a 300 replaced? Aren't they out of warranty by now? Just some questions. I'm not doubting what your saying it's just that if I can get my 650 replaced in a couple of years with something newer then I may rethink things. I doubt it though. I like the latest stuff and a 600 wouldn't do much for me at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden
    How can someone get a 300 replaced? Aren't they out of warranty by now? Just some questions. I'm not doubting what your saying it's just that if I can get my 650 replaced in a couple of years with something newer then I may rethink things. I doubt it though. I like the latest stuff and a 600 wouldn't do much for me at this point.
    Since it's Sprint it's probably an insurance replace (that's the $4 per month fee paying off).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  13.    #53  
    Yeah- I wasn't paying too much attention to him, but he was mentioning his insurance plan. From the bits & pieces I heard, I guess his company paid for the phone for him and he was all concerned about getting his data off of there. Was there no ir port on the 300's? The store was giving him crap saying they couldn't transfer anything off of it- so he wanted to go home quick, sync his 300 one last time, come back and get the new phone, and then make sure all of the numbers were deleted off of the 300. He was very adament that all of his data was removed from the 300.

I just couldn't believe there were people still using the 300 . . . I couldn't even imagine using my treo 650 for 3+ years- the amount of time I am on it, I would have found something to break or damage. . . I'm just amazed it was in such good condition- though they did still sell them for a while after the 600's were released. That 300 looked HUGE!
    Palm -> PalmIII -> HPC Jornada 720 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 680

http://canyonero.org/ashu16
    I believe it ---- after all, the 6700 is the main attraction, when it comes to WM5, for Sprint

thus, a Treo 700p makes sense for Sprint, in my opinion
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    If he said NEW TREO.. is it possible that he could've meant an upgraded TREO650P ? Just a thought. (They do come out with upgrades and call them newer models )
    FWIW, I keep hearing chatter about a Palm OS Treo with EVDO in it as the main feature. My sources say it will also come with a Sprint TV app built in... Im no longer in the area where my sources are, otherwise I'd be more certain-- take this with a grain of salt, but those of you who remember me, you know that I'm usually very close to being right on target...
    ...This ain't a phone or a PDA, It's a way of life!
    for all your multimedia needs, it's gotta be Starrwulfe Ltd!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123