Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    actually it's not at all how it happened...a sprint manager in a store in chattanooga actually had a pre-release 650 in the store.

guess who got to see it in the store?

oh yeah, that was you Dutch. well, i knew it was something like that. ahh the good old days
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    ...... "it won't be the 650, it'll be the 610. And it won't be available until mid 2005.".......
    That is my recollection of what actually happened. It was the 610 (though labeled 650) and is was mid 2005 (well 2Q for those of us who wanted unlocked GSM).

In any case, it is the silly season again and Palm is doing its thing again. Of course, most of us here are users and will continue to come for our fix.
    Last edited by whmurray; 09/29/2005 at 04:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Well, I think this post adds some more fuel to this discussion:
    According to this weblog (gadgetsonthego.net):
    This is so Palm users don't feel left out with the whole Windows Mobile Treo, I am re-posting a quote from Jeff Kirvin that I received Friday: "All I'll say for now: There will be a Treo 700p. It will be more impressive than the 700w. " I believe this will happen, and it will happen soon (lets let Windows Mobile users have their moment). Palm users please note his last sentence Thanks again Jeff for the inside scoop.
    http://www.gadgetsonthego.net/2005/0...725284205.html
    Ok who is Jeff Kirvin & why does his comments matter?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    As long as he is right, I don't care who he is. . . .

I believe.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Google Search:
    "Jeff Kirvin is a freelance consultant on mobile technology and the driving force behind the website called WritingonYourPalm. "
    http://writingonyourpalm.net/
    Jeff's been around a long time in the Palm community, and a big advocate of eBooks and eBook publishing. He knows his Palm stuff as well as anyone out there, and has pushed developers for good writing tools on both the Palm and PPC platforms (Docs to Go, Textmaker, etc.). My observation of him is that he's knowledgeable and a straight shooter.

That doesn't mean we agree all the time (like now), but he's a reliable source. There are some folks that trash him whenever his name appears, but he draws fire because he's not the sort to back down.

A worthy adversary, as Khan would say.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    As long as he is right, I don't care who he is. . . .

I believe.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Jeff's been around a long time in the Palm community, and a big advocate of eBooks and eBook publishing. He knows his Palm stuff as well as anyone out there, and has pushed developers for good writing tools on both the Palm and PPC platforms (Docs to Go, Textmaker, etc.). My observation of him is that he's knowledgeable and a straight shooter.

That doesn't mean we agree all the time (like now), but he's a reliable source. There are some folks that trash him whenever his name appears, but he draws fire because he's not the sort to back down.

A worthy adversary, as Khan would say.
    I'm sure there's another POS Treo on the way soon (next few months), but I would eat my hat if Jeff actually had an inside source. He denied the WM5 Treo until the actual press conference was announced. He said Colligan would kill it before it was released. He's in actual fact very poorly informed about PDA's and technical matters in general, and currently works as a tech support jockey. He's wrong 10 times more than he's write. He's a Dvorak kind of character. He taks advantage of people who want to believe by telling them what they want to hear. I think the Sprint Store Clerk has much greater credibility than him.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo

BUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Best comment on this thread so far!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Uh, am I wrong, or wasn't surur BANNED from one of Kervin's sites? Sounds a little bit like sour grapes to me.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Very sour, but its doesnt make Jeff any more wrong or me any less right. The man is never right.

Surur
    I heard from our sprint rep (I work at a sprint reseller), that they were going to get a new treo before Christmas.

I understand that the employees have had bad information before...but it seems as though a number of them have the same information. I would be willing to bet that we do see something happen before Christmas...even if it is just an announcement.
    I agree. I cannot see Sprint going at least another 9 months for an EV-DO Treo. MobiTV also said they were working on some new neat things when it released on Sprint and I believe they were talking about on Sprint Treos.

I believe there will be at least one more POS Sprint Treo, even if it is just a 650 with EV-DO.

I believe.. .. . .I will will it . . . . .
    does "POS" mean Piece of Shxt? I mean I'm sorry but that's what came to mind really what does it mean??
    Quote Originally Posted by ttrundle
    does "POS" mean Piece of Shxt? I mean I'm sorry but that's what came to mind really what does it mean??
    Palm OS
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I agree. I cannot see Sprint going at least another 9 months for an EV-DO Treo. MobiTV also said they were working on some new neat things when it released on Sprint and I believe they were talking about on Sprint Treos.

I believe there will be at least one more POS Sprint Treo, even if it is just a 650 with EV-DO.

I believe.. .. . .I will will it . . . . .
    There must be a distinction between faith and hope. If not, why have two words?
    Quote Originally Posted by mykul
    I heard from our sprint rep (I work at a sprint reseller), that they were going to get a new treo before Christmas.

I understand that the employees have had bad information before...but it seems as though a number of them have the same information. I would be willing to bet that we do see something happen before Christmas...even if it is just an announcement.
    I just have trouble believing that so many of them have such bad information by accident. It seems more lilkely to me that they have it by design and intent.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    There must be a distinction between faith and hope. If not, why have two words?
    I have faith that my belief has hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Palm OS
    DON'T I FEEL small
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast