Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Nice. Is that flash for the camera?

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/c...reo&h=img_1587
    Actually, that looks like it's just an updated version of their "mirror" so you can take a photo of yourself. It looks like there is a reflection of someone holding a camera in it but a flash would be a nice addition.
  3.    #4  

Probably. The PC-6700 (also HTC) has a strikingly similar setup. Apparently its more like a torch than a flash.

Surur
    Are there any close-up pictures of the new phone/contacts app Palm is using with their WM Treo?
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    Actually, that looks like it's just an updated version of their "mirror" so you can take a photo of yourself. It looks like there is a reflection of someone holding a camera in it but a flash would be a nice addition.
    Wow!! So far nothing rumored about this device has impressed me enough to want one, but if it indeed has an upgraded mirror mechanism...I am so there!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG
    I'm amazed by Plam's extreme attention to detail - who needs more memory, WiFi, or better resolution screens when you can have an enhanced mirror.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    On the serious side, a sales rep showed me his Samsung yesterday, and I was amazed it was generally smaller than my 650 (length/width) but fatter, because of the slide out keyboard. And guess what, they didn't forget:

1. a better screen
    2. more memory
    3. WiFi, Bluetooth & cellular

Don't know if it was EVDO, because he as obviously on Verizon and he only had roaming in our ara (there is no native service here).
    Yes, that Samsung is Ev-DO. A guy I work with has one. No WM5, but it looks more polished than my PPC-6700 and the screen seems brighter (Treo 650's screen still the brightest). Not nice enough to trade my PPC-6700 for it, though, as the PPC-6700 has WM5, larger thumbboard, WiFi that can be used at the same time as Ev-DO, and cheap Ev-DO (on Sprint). I might "trade" my 6700 for my old Treo 650, though. Still mulling it over.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Very interesting. How does the 6700 compare size wise to the i730? The rep I saw had the extended battery (said no life at all in standard) and it was fat (at least 1.5" on the oversized battery end).
    I hope that is a flash personally. That would actually make the cam on the Treo useful for something other than day time only pics...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I hope that is a flash personally. That would actually make the cam on the Treo useful for something other than day time only pics...
    Looks like a mirror though. It's convex like the one currently, (maybe even more so) and seems a bit too reflective.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."