1.    #1  
    cuz im just not willing to leave Jack...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    With the Verizon exclusive thru June 2006 . . . . . . . best case is July 2006 . . . . . . but I think it will be more like Q4 2006. Don't know why though.

Cheers, Perry.
    That sure seems like a long time from now. There must be something else on the horizen.
    CP, You'll be writing the same post a year from now.

Fellow CNG guy
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    CP, You'll be writing the same post a year from now.

Fellow CNG guy
    oh well, i wont be heartbroken, im happy with my 650, ill keep it for a while
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    i'm pretty sure Cing won't get this version of the treo... essentially what i'm saying is after the conference the other day this leads many to think that another treo will surface, one that doesn't have a CDMA radio and EV technology. who knows? maybe one without winmobile. besides... when is cingular going to get UMTS up and running? that would be on par with this treo speed wise...
    When the 650 first came out, Cingular had an exclusive for what, 3 months? Since this new 700w is Verizon/EVDO I would expect something like 6 months for a GSM version.
    I believe Sprint was actualy first to market in 2004, then Cingular, followed by Verizon.
    Im also curious if for instance a 700p will release at cingular, before the almighty 700w???
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadoma713
    Im also curious if for instance a 700p will release at cingular, before the almighty 700w???
    I doubt it, at least not before the 700w.
    That would mean that it would be coming any month now, yet we aren't seeing any real leaked pictures/videos of an alleged 700p.

I'm seriously doubting the existence of one anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    When the 650 first came out, Cingular had an exclusive for what, 3 months? Since this new 700w is Verizon/EVDO I would expect something like 6 months for a GSM version.
    Actually, Sprint had the exclusive, then Cing got it. VZN was last. Being that this is being touted for CDMA/EVDO, I would guess Sprint will be next. However, with GSM having a much broader worldwide presence, it wouldn't suprise me to see CING get it next.
    My money's on Cingular pushing a version of the HTC Wizard out the door. It's supposed to launch in UK in next 10 days - sliding keyboard; GSM Quad Band; Edge & GPRS; WIfI; Bluetooth; and WM5. Why would they want to wait a year for the same (or even lesser) specs?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    There is news that Cingular will be launching their 3G UMTS network in select markets on Nov. 1st. This is a good sign that the new treo will be 3G capable.
    My worst mistake was thinking T-Mobile was the flagship carrier for Handspring/Palm. WACK.

I switched to T-Mobile when the Treo 270 came out. I waited so long for the T-Mobile Treo 600, longer than Cingular. Switched to Cingular... and all the time they went with flagship Sprint.

Now Palm is going with their flagship Verizon. Man, now it sucks being GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    i'm pretty sure Cing won't get this version of the treo...
    I certainly hope not. I want HSPDA, simultaneous voice and data connections - at the same time!
    Leading into your next statement...

Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    when is cingular going to get UMTS up and running? that would be on par with this treo speed wise...
    Enjoy.

I think the links/pictures were taken down, however.

So, feast on one of the few still up:

Unlocked 750v: Voice / Data
    Blackberry 7130c: Private Line
    Motorola v60g T-Mo: Business Voice
    Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
    7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.

Big shoutout to "wireless_bandit1" for helping me out.
    Unlocked 750v: Voice / Data
    Blackberry 7130c: Private Line
    Motorola v60g T-Mo: Business Voice
    Also HTC TyTN factory; Palm LifeDrive & TX
    7 year Cingular/PacBell veteran.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    My money's on Cingular pushing a version of the HTC Wizard out the door. It's supposed to launch in UK in next 10 days - sliding keyboard; GSM Quad Band; Edge & GPRS; WIfI; Bluetooth; and WM5. Why would they want to wait a year for the same (or even lesser) specs?
    Actually, my money is on Cingular pushing the Motorola Smartphone. Think about it. The Razor and Roker are Motorola's latest and greatest and you can only get them at Cingular. I think the Q will be the same deal.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    All,

Am I wrong or has Cingular just announced it will be marketing the iPAQ 6500 series as their WM 2005 machine? If so, maybe they won't be too anxious to market the Windoze Treo?

<BILL><
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Joe
    Actually, my money is on Cingular pushing the Motorola Smartphone. Think about it. The Razor and Roker are Motorola's latest and greatest and you can only get them at Cingular. I think the Q will be the same deal.
    Well, I'm sticking by the Wizard. Another forum seems to think so as well:

http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/inde...showtopic=9956

If they don't monkey (Insertion?) with the WiFi, which is 802.11g by the way, then I'll be all over this jewel as my Treo 650 update!
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.