1.    #1  
    This device is redundant on vzw's network. They already have their own Samsung WM powered device. The only difference will be that samsung's device has wifi BUILT IN!!! Also, no camera. If I have to choose between camera and wifi built in without carrying around a really annoying little card, I'll choose wifi built in any day of the week. The samsung is $599, though.
    A good point, but unless you've experienced the true "one-handed" operation model of a Treo, you can't appreciate the vast improvement over a stylus-centric classis Windoze mobil unit. I use my stylus maybe 1-2 per day anymore.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I agree with dstrauss; one-handed operation can't be beat. I go days without using my stylus, and also don't have to flip some slider before using the keyboard.

The Treo form factor rocks!! I can't imagine using any other type of device!
    -jeff

...the Truth will set you free!
  4.    #4  
    I have a t600 now and I thank you guys for making a good point. I haven't used a windows mobile phone. I have a dell axim and wm has always seemed pretty easy to use but I forgot that with a smartphone, there's a lot to be said for one handing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Kai
    This device is redundant on vzw's network. They already have their own Samsung WM powered device. The only difference will be that samsung's device has wifi BUILT IN!!! Also, no camera. If I have to choose between camera and wifi built in without carrying around a really annoying little card, I'll choose wifi built in any day of the week. The samsung is $599, though.
    You're also not comparing apples to apples. The Treo and WM are to totally different - as night and day.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    It's all about form factor. The Samsung has better specs, but the Treo is just more preferable to many users b/c of the design and size...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    It's all about form factor. The Samsung has better specs, but the Treo is just more preferable to many users b/c of the design and size...
    I agree about form factor being very important. That's why I haven't jumped ship and I've been waiting for the next treo. The main thing that's keeping me from going to the samsung right now is that the treo has a camera. That's the biggest mistake samsung made, having no camera.
    Samsung was on target three years ago with the i500 flip phone, the BEST form factor smartphone ever (you had to hold it, use it, and POCKET it to understand). Of course, no keyboard, but did have dedicated keypad and a functional graffiti area. Yes, I prefer the keyboard too, but if I could get an i500 size smartphone with either Palm 5.xx or WM5 on on it and an SD slot, I'd be all over it like white on rice. And I believe I would be one of many.

THAT's a dream device. Motorola - are you listening (Razr the smartphone!)
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.