Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    I honestly think today’s announcement will set Sprint up to sell a tremendous amount of PPC 6700's once released to the general public. With out a new Palm OS phone in sight for another 6-8 months, PPC phones will be "forced" into the hands of us 650 users that want to upgrade their handsets. Although the Treo is the best PalmOS smartphone option.....it is not the best WM5 smartphone option. Sprint will have had a fully functional EVDO/ 1.3 Mega Pixel camera/with built in wifi/ Fully integrated keyboard/ phone on the market for almost a year by the time the treo 700p makes its way into sprint stores. By this time the upgraded ppc 6800 will be ready to roll out.

Sprint is going to sell a ton of 6700 simply because it's release is on target for the time frame that a new treo is usually released. The PPC 6700 will be made available to the public in early to mid October.

Palm got us use to expecting new phones this time of year....well it is October and I want a new phone. Unfortunately there will be no new Treo This year....and no new Treo for sprint and the rest of the world for half of 2006...
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Exactly, thus the reason I know own a LOT of stock in UTStarcom!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    I honestly think today’s announcement will set Sprint up to sell a tremendous amount of PPC 6700's once released to the general public. With out a new Palm OS phone in sight for another 6-8 months, PPC phones will be "forced" into the hands of us 650 users that want to upgrade their handsets. Although the Treo is the best PalmOS smartphone option.....it is not the best WM5 smartphone option. Sprint will have had a fully functional EVDO/ 1.3 Mega Pixel camera/with built in wifi/ Fully integrated keyboard/ phone on the market for almost a year by the time the treo 700p makes its way into sprint stores. By this time the upgraded ppc 6800 will be ready to roll out.

Sprint is going to sell a ton of 6700 simply because it's release is on target for the time frame that a new treo is usually released. The PPC 6700 will be made available to the public in early to mid October.

Palm got us use to expecting new phones this time of year....well it is October and I want a new phone. Unfortunately there will be no new Treo This year....and no new Treo for sprint and the rest of the world for half of 2006...

very true the 6700 has all the features I was hoping for in the next treo... and they have finally gotten the form factor of the ppc's down to something I can live with..... and its availble now, not a year from now... I hate to say it but I might be ready to make the switch
    I think I will wait a little longer until the price on the 6700 drops. Paying 700 bucks for a phone is getting a little expensive specially if I have to buy one very year. I wish there was a company that let you upgrade your phone to a newer version for a way cheaper price then sprint.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doublekay
    I think I will wait a little longer until the price on the 6700 drops. Paying 700 bucks for a phone is getting a little expensive specially if I have to buy one very year. I wish there was a company that let you upgrade your phone to a newer version for a way cheaper price then sprint.
    I agree with you......

but, Palm said durring the demo that the price for the new WM5 Treo will be more than the current 650. The current price for a 650 is $519 (verizon), $599 (sprint), $649(Unlocked GSM)......this means that a new treo when released to the entire market will range around $650-$700 for CDMA and around $720-$750 for GSM.

This new Treo version will be the most expensive smartphone out when it hits the market in January......

In My opinion, if they want this phone to sell they better get it out brfore Christmas. If not they will miss the boat, because people will not pay $650+ for a new phone right after christmas.....
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    I honestly think today’s announcement will set Sprint up to sell a tremendous amount of PPC 6700's once released to the general public.
    Quite possibly. I suspect a good number of them will get returned, though.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.