1.    #1  
    Reasons that I prefer 240x240.

1. Ebook reading - with 320 or 480 its a pain to have to look at all those words on the screen, especially unpixelated. Why cant anyone make a 10x50 screen that only shows one word at a time? Makes reading so much simpler that way.

2. GPS - who needs detailed maps with street names legibility, etc? to me it seems more important to know where you are then where you are going. Plus, readability is overated.

3. Web - Everyone knows that most web sites are optimized for lo res screens. I am sick of all that white space left over on the sides from the unused areas.

Most people seem to think that more pixels per square inch makes for a clearer, sharper, more content filled experience, but I disagree. Why can't we have 1x1 resolution, sort of like an on/off switch. Wouldn't things be simpler? Or better yet, no screen at all. Who needs it anyway?

My grandpa never had any new fangled hi res screens on any of his phones 50 years ago, and he liked it that way.

Down with hi-res!
    Hey!

I thought sarcasm was not allowed here at Treocentral. And no insults! That 700W surely must have had its feelings hurt by the previous comments. I demand that someone be BANNED over this!
    Quote Originally Posted by la3541

1. Ebook reading - with 320 or 480 its a pain to have to look at all those words on the screen, especially unpixelated. Why cant anyone make a 10x50 screen that only shows one word at a time? Makes reading so much simpler that way.

2. GPS - who needs detailed maps with street names legibility, etc? to me it seems more important to know where you are then where you are going. Plus, readability is overated.

3. Web - Everyone knows that most web sites are optimized for lo res screens. I am sick of all that white space left over on the sides from the unused areas.

Most people seem to think that more pixels per square inch makes for a clearer, sharper, more content filled experience, but I disagree. Why can't we have 1x1 resolution, sort of like an on/off switch. Wouldn't things be simpler? Or better yet, no screen at all. Who needs it anyway?

My grandpa never had any new fangled hi res screens on any of his phones 50 years ago, and he liked it that way.

Down with hi-res!
    There's only room for one Minister of DisInformation in these parts.

"NO! We have retaken the airport!!"
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    If we can get past the sarcasm...

Is 240x240 confirmed?

And if so, did anyone actually indicate why the step back in screen resolution for the 700W versus the 650?

[edit]

Whoops... asked and answered here. No confirmation yet, and no explanation.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=96392
    Last edited by jeffster; 09/26/2005 at 07:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by la3541

Down with hi-res!
    Lemme guess...

Your a slow reader, right?

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    Lemme guess...

Your a slow reader, right?

Chuck
    And you're a slow proofreader.
    I especially love that you can view a perfectly square screen in landscape mode. /sarcasm
    I have thought about this...only thing that it might be useful for is to lay it on its side for use with the IR keyboard?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I can't wait to UPGRADE to lower resolution!
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    I can't wait to UPGRADE to lower resolution!
    Hey - it worked for all those Tungsten souls who migrated to the Treo 600
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I posted about this long ago and asked whether 320 x 320 was too much (yes, some images get quite small). I was accused of blasphemy by the masses but I think 240 x 240 is just about an ideal compromise. I have no problem with it.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    I posted about this long ago and asked whether 320 x 320 was too much (yes, some images get quite small). I was accused of blasphemy by the masses but I think 240 x 240 is just about an ideal compromise. I have no problem with it.

Todd/Indy
    Images may be smaller, but the text resolution (for reading) can't be beat at 320x320. Old eyes appreciate the "lack of jaggies."
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.