Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    That is some funny sheeeeyite! I can't beleive they had their phone numbers on the screen when they demoed the ne Treo today. How many of you actually called or SMS them? If so who got a response & what they say? You could see Bill looking down at phone a lot & also hear it ringing. Then Ed mentioned that people were sms him some questions & he said to ask outloud only. He kind of laughed but I be some heads will roll if that is their permanent, personal numbers!!
    Last edited by treoneo; 09/26/2005 at 05:23 PM.
    Well Gates said he only got his device today or yesterday. Given that, I'm sure that was a temporary number on a device they knew they were going to give to Gates. That would explain why the Palm guy had a Gates entry in his Contacts.
  3.    #3  
    Yes I called the number & it was already forwarded to some other voicemail number. It was clearly not a Verizon number. Cool thing is Bill took the time to respond to some of the questions that people texted to him!
    I SMSed too late to get a response... oh well. =)
  5.    #5  
    hah. Well I guess it was not his "real number"...
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    hah. Well I guess it was not his "real number"...
    Actually, I think it is the temporary number he was using. It was real. He actually texteed me back twice. Once at around 1:09pm and again at 3:25pm

msg #234 in the link below.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&page=12&pp=20
    Also, see attachements
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hova; 09/28/2005 at 07:20 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Yes I saw that! I meant it is not a permanet or personal number... Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    That is some funny sheeeeyite! I can't beleive they had their phone numbers on the screen when they demoed the ne Treo today. How many of you actually called or SMS them? If so who got a response & what they say? You could see Bill looking down at phone a lot & also hear it ringing. Then Ed mentioned that people were sms him some questions & he said to ask outloud only. He kind of laughed but I be some heads will roll if that is their permanent, personal numbers!!

I thought that when I say it, was it there real numbers though?

Did anyone watch the analyst meeting? Someone from Palm demo'd the Phone by calling a Pizza Parlor, the pizza guy answered and said "can you hold"
    he was nice enought to write me back. He said it's a great device.
  10.    #10  
    Ed finally called me back. He sounded indignant & finally confided in me that Treo line is a POS! He then went on to say that he is selling the Treo line to Old Navy & is starting a new project; The smart-poptart (powered by Colecovision)... Now you are talkin Ed!!
    A guy in my office got a reply.

Also, I called the number and it answered. I could hear the press conference.
    i got a reply from bill saying "Yes its great !!!" in response to a question about if the phone was working well for him.
    i've still got peter skilman and joe fabris's numbers from the treo roadshow- how about we call them!
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    This is no advertisement like having the head of Microsoft text you
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    he was nice enought to write me back. He said it's a great device.
    What do you think he would say "DON'T BUY THIS DEVICE! It's worse than the one you sent me a text message on!"
    lol @ y'all believing that's them replying to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    lol @ y'all believing that's them replying to you.
    You've never had Santa Clause write you back as a kid?
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    by the way, anyone else gasp after hearing ed colligan`s crazy a$$ laugh when he commented on how everyone is sms`ng him since his number was posted?!!

woah!! geezus, did that noise just come out of colligan? cripes even gates and stigl looked stunned, turning and looking at him like he just turned into a napoleon dynamite for a short instant!!

damn, that was scary! lol.
    yeah i got a chuckle from that also... i actually thought that laugh was from gates. it would fit the image perfectly
    I SMS'd Bill too and he responded with the store in San Jose where I could get the 700w for $999. I thought is was a scam though because he asked me for personal information.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast