Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    No other carrier release until 3rd Qtr 2006????? Do they know how many other WM5 devices will be available by this date..... by the time this thing reaches sprint/cing/GSM this thing will be way out dated....

With other WM5 handsets being released weekly/monthly, Verizon should only expect minimal increase in revenues. I would expect the amount of people jumping ship to move over to Verizon for this treo will be low.

In my opinion, Verizon would have done better if the never released the Treo 650, and upgraded users with the 600 to this new WM Treo. From a hardware aspect this WM Treo does not offer a better user experience than my 650. The only feature worth mentioning is the Wi-Fi implementation. If Palm does not release a phone shortly to the masses of Treo users, they will lose a lot of supporters. I do know that this phone is not directed to us palm os users....but Palm has put us in the habit of expecting new products every 12 months (Oct-Nov-Dec time frame). Thanks to Palm and namely the Treo, I am now a PDA Phone junkie….I need my fix….. If my normal drug dealer (PALM) can’t give me my fix….It is time to find a new dealer……

PPC 6700…..it keeps calling me man!!!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    If my normal drug dealer (PALM) can’t give me my fix….It is time to find a new dealer……

PPC 6700…..it keeps calling me man!!!

I could have written those same exact words.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    This is a sad day for Treo Users......
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    My Phone history.....
    I agree with you skfny. PC6700 is calling me too, eh.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Well as of 3:30 PM EST....I pulled the trigger on the PPC 6700. It will ship today and I will receive it tomorrow. I will give this phone 14 days to win me over.....

For anyone interested in ordering, I did so by dialing *2 from my treo, and asking for sales.

Like I said before.....I am a drug addict, if Palm won't support my PDA phone FIX I will get it somewhere else.
    My Phone history.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    by the time this thing reaches sprint/cing/GSM this thing will be way out dated....
    But just think... we won't have to do the beta testing!
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    I don't think they said 3rd Quarter. I believe they said middle of next year... which may turn out to be 3rd quarter anyway, but it's worth making the distinction.
    cant we just convert the phone to sprint like you can do sprint to verizon on the 650?
    I am mad now. Palm sucks. Treo I mean. They are no longer innovators but integraters. No Wifi?! Come on?!! Just about every other smartphone released in the last 6 mos has it! PPC 6700 here I come too. My local Sprint store says they are getting some in the store tomorrow. I will go play a bit. It will only be a temporary fix for me though until the new Treo 700P comes out. It BETTER have wifi, 1.3 megapix with flash...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybr
    I agree with you skfny. PC6700 is calling me too, eh.
    That phone is too big for me and I don't like the horizontal keyboard. I like the i730, but I will not pay Verizon's data rates. So, does anyone have a link to a comprehensive roundup of GSM PPC phones?

A Benq p50 with Edge and OS 5 (I think it had Wi-Fi, right?) would look great right now.
    PPC-6700 it is. I skipped the 650 and was waiting for the next gen. Looks like the PPC-6700 is going to be king for a while.
    I have to differ with Fittske on sales of the 700w. This device is positioned as a Blackberry killer, and it will be a tremendous success in corporate America, as it will provide the wall-to-wall Windoes experience that the admins and CFOs desire. You'll see lots of locked-down Treo 700ws out there. And Verizon is probably the most distrubuted phone network in the US - you can get reception even in the boonies. It will mean lots of new customers for them, too.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I have to differ with Fittske on sales of the 700w. This device is positioned as a Blackberry killer, and it will be a tremendous success in corporate America, as it will provide the wall-to-wall Windoes experience that the admins and CFOs desire. You'll see lots of locked-down Treo 700ws out there. And Verizon is probably the most distrubuted phone network in the US - you can get reception even in the boonies. It will mean lots of new customers for them, too.
    How many markets does blackberry serve? I bet more than just one(Verizon). Unless companies are non-global, they will not be ditiching their BB's for this treo. Verizion is CDMA just like Sprint which makes it US bounded. If Palm/Microsoft had partnered with Cingular or T-Mobile thhen you might have an arguement....but This phone will not be availible to any one else until mid 2006, by then we will be talking about the newest "PPC 6700 killer"
    My Phone history.....