Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I just got back from San Jose. Well, unfortunately they had sold out of the Treo with windows OS. I can not even tell you what they called it (secret). But, here is the best part, they sold me a pair of Mnike Ear Jordanians with a secret agent man phone included. Kinda hard to walk in them but I (wait, stop reading while I answer my phone) whew this phone stinks. Ok, I'm back, seems they want me to go a super duper topsy secret mission and they are sending an invisible plane to pick me up. Don't tell anyone but I am looking for a phone with a new OS, something called MS DOS. Sounds cool. It is cool seems everthing starts with c: for cool.
    I'm not sure which part of this thread is worse, the part that a store magically has a newly announced product already for sale, or the part where someone has completely lost their understanding of obvious sarcasm and can't seem to find it.

Threads like this make me cringe, and truly make me miss the days where we could flame both of you into shame.
    I'm back!
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I just got back from San Jose. Well, unfortunately they had sold out of the Treo with windows OS.
    I'm glad I ordered one from "Ralph" since the San Jose store is out of them. I just hope I get a manual and software with it, especially since he is pulling one off the line for me.

I know he won't rip me off, because I engraved my name and credit card number on all of the change I sent him as a fail proof plan. I just hope I don't have to pay tax on it since I also live in NY.
    Ok, you are all busted. You all have been reported. I am going to start taking away your post counts.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Ok, you are all busted. You all have been reported. I am going to start taking away your post counts.
    What is a post count?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmill72x
    I'm not sure which part of this thread is worse, the part that a store magically has a newly announced product already for sale, or the part where someone has completely lost their understanding of obvious sarcasm and can't seem to find it.

Threads like this make me cringe, and truly make me miss the days where we could flame both of you into shame.

Wow, it's like you're reading my mind..... i guess we should be gratefull that there are gulable people in this world; and why am I not surprised this guy was scammed from someone out of the country on craiglist?

"ha ha laughable, man!...
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by choile
    I was playing with one at a local cell phone store this weekend. They are selling it for $999 with or without a contract to Verizon.
    Are you sure it's not a paper mockup? ETA=2007?
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    I'm glad I ordered one from "Ralph" since the San Jose store is out of them. I just hope I get a manual and software with it, especially since he is pulling one off the line for me.

I know he won't rip me off, because I engraved my name and credit card number on all of the change I sent him as a fail proof plan. I just hope I don't have to pay tax on it since I also live in NY.
    No tax for you, my friend. Ralph will take care of you. I have a scratched-up CD with the manual and software on it. I'll include that in the package. And folks, don't be misled by this thread. Many TCers have PM'ed me to let me know that the cash is in the mail. I have tracking numbers to prove it. Step right up, before the factory closes.
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    No tax for you, my friend. Ralph will take care of you. I have a scratched-up CD with the manual and software on it. I'll include that in the package. And folks, don't be misled by this thread. Many TCers have PM'ed me to let me know that the cash is in the mail. I have tracking numbers to prove it. Step right up, before the factory closes.
    This has got to be the funniest tread!!!!!!! Lollllllllllllllllllllll
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    come on guys, it's obviously not a fake - bill gates stopped by the cell phone store after the palm conference and pawned the phone he received from colligan cause he needed the rent money
    Quote Originally Posted by davidk
    come on guys, it's obviously not a fake - bill gates stopped by the cell phone store after the palm conference and pawned the phone he received from colligan cause he needed the rent money

That one is already sold on auction for eBay. These are brand NEW Treos. I only have a limited supply. (The factory closes early nowadays because they can't get enough components to make these things).
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    I only have a limited supply. (The factory closes early nowadays because they can't get enough components to make these things).
    I just sold my Treo 650 to a guy for $1200 even though I was only asking $400 for it. He is mailing me a money order today and promised me it is valid.

"Ralph", do you have enough parts available to send me a second Treo 700w?

BTW, I just talked to my 82 year old neighbor who knows someone who met somebody that once applied to the FBI, but wasn't really qualified to get the job and he never heard of a Nigerian scam, so it must not be true.
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    I just sold my Treo 650 to a guy for $1200 even though I was only asking $400 for it. He is mailing me a money order today and promised me it is valid.

"Ralph", do you have enough parts available to send me a second Treo 700w?

BTW, I just talked to my 82 year old neighbor who knows someone who met somebody that once applied to the FBI, but wasn't really qualified to get the job and he never heard of a Nigerian scam, so it must not be true.
    No!!!! Listen!!! This whole Nigeria thing is a total scam!!! I just did a search on the Internets and found out. According to this article I found, NIgerIA used to be called "The Giant of Africa". Since the death of Goliath, there are NO giants anywhere let alone in Africa!!!

Man, I'm glad I didn't get taken in by those things. I just got notified that I won a million dollars because I punched out Osama Bin Laden (noT the real one, but a cartoon on the Internets screen). I must have done a really good job because I went to another page telling me I won.

Just think about it! If I got into that scam, I would of lost all that money. Not that I have it yet but, just wait!!!
    Recognizing that I volunteered...
    Dear dport;

Please do not worry about the scams that these folks are trying to perpetrate.

I am in complete control of the situation, but I only wish to tell you who I really am so you will know that this is very serious.

The following message is only visible to you: My name is William Gates and I use this ID when I am scam busting. Please DO NOT tell the others of my real identity, particularly anyone from Nigeria that contacts you.

I am amazed at how perceptive you are. Please be very vigilant as they can empty out your checking books and credit cards.

Thank-you dport for your help.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123