Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Would you be willing to accept a money order for $2,000? you can send me a check for the difference along with the 700W.
    Do you know the way to San Jose?
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    Quote Originally Posted by duanedude1
    Do you know the way to San Jose?
    I've been away so long, I may go wrong and lose my way...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    This is like the time my friend tried to buy a fake ID online...haha
    Quote Originally Posted by genearch
    Would you be willing to accept a money order for $2,000? you can send me a check for the difference along with the 700W.

LMAO! why not send me the correct amount?
    oh wait thats right, the check is a fake, if u were to cash that check your going to jail.
    i should have one of my good buddies check up on this...since hes in the FBI he might be able to handle this a lot better than i would.

THIS IS ALL SCAMS!!!! DO NOT TAKE A MONEY ORDER MORE THAN THE ITEM. DO NOT TAKE A MONEY ORDER FROM OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY. DO NOT TAKE A MONEY ORDER PERIOD! AND IF YOU DO....BRING IT THE NEAREST POLICE STATION AND ASK THEM IF ITS A FAKE OR REAL. COVER YOUR OWN ARSE....

I AM REPORTING THIS TO THE MODS....

sry about the caps.... hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by dport
    oh wait thats right, the check is a fake, if u were to cash that check your going to jail.
    i should have one of my good buddies check up on this...since hes in the FBI he might be able to handle this a lot better than i would.

THIS IS ALL SCAMS!!!! DO NOT TAKE A MONEY ORDER MORE THAN THE ITEM. DO NOT TAKE A MONEY ORDER FROM OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY. DO NOT TAKE A MONEY ORDER PERIOD! AND IF YOU DO....BRING IT THE NEAREST POLICE STATION AND ASK THEM IF ITS A FAKE OR REAL. COVER YOUR OWN ARSE....

He's right, you know. Overpriced money orders are sneaky. Just send me the money (and the personal information) in cold hard cash (insured of course) and you'll have your 700w in the stated 3-5 business days (give or take 3-5 months for processing). Don't forget the tax.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    He's right, you know. Overpriced money orders are sneaky. Just send me the money (and the personal information) in cold hard cash (insured of course) and you'll have your 700w in the stated 3-5 business days (give or take 3-5 months for processing). Don't forget the tax.
    if hes out of the country, dont even take money from him..youll get in trouble. trust me.
    this happened to me actually. selling stuff on craigslist i listed a modded xbox. a guy over sears saying hes in the war said he would send me a check for 10grand for this xbox (which i was selling for 300). thinking in the back of my mind, i said ok ok, ill do this..but your *** is going to jail. so i agrreed, when i got the money order, sure enough, it was for 10 thousand dollars. i couldnt believe my own eyes. so i called up my friends over in the FBI and asked them about these scams, they wanted me to fax over the envelope and money order..so i did. they sent me a letter in the mail thanking me that they got him in custody for fraud in over several other cases. i felt like a hero!!! lol.
    anyway...dont take any money orders...

btw, your in NY, u have the 700s? there really 1,000 dollars? thats disgusting!

Dude, you seem to be taking this a bit too seriously, and i can't tell if you're joking or not. I certianly hope so, as everyone else in this thread is. Have you not noticed the over-abundance of sarcasm regarding the fact that no one believe this Treo 700 is available.....good lord man....relax.
    actaulyl im not kidding. and no i will not relax. this is a very seriouis matter. not only r they asking for personal information but they can steal your identiy..they can empty out your checking books and credit cards. and no, i will not calm down. its the truth. and i already reported it to a mod. its his choise what he does with it or not. you wanna get scammed, you wanna goto jail for fraundulent money orders, go right ahead. ive giving u guys a heads up...i dont think u want a long vacation.
    this is too funny...
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    Dude, you seem to be taking this a bit too seriously, and i can't tell if you're joking or not. I certianly hope so, as everyone else in this thread is. Have you not noticed the over-abundance of sarcasm regarding the fact that no one believe this Treo 700 is available.....good lord man....relax.
    I agree...
    OMG! dport...reread the entire thread from the beginning. Everyone is bagging on the original poster...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    r u serious? lemme just hand over all my info....

scam again. fbi will have a field day on u guys

Dude,
    Can you not tell everybody here is joking except Choile? Relax man. We are all grown here and we are not going to give out personal information like that in a chat! You are not the only smart one here!
    Last edited by hova; 09/27/2005 at 10:32 AM.
    I'm STILL not sure whether dport is joking or not (he has to be, right?). But the rest of you can send those $100 bills and personal IDs to:

Ralph
    666 Nowhere Drive
    Black Hole, KS 99999

It will automatically be forwarded to my address in Nigeria. I will personally pick up a 700w off the assembly line and send it to you as late as possible.
  15. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    We need a new type of smiley/icon for sarcasm.

May I suggest one?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    We need a new type of smiley/icon for sarcasm.

May I suggest one?
    I like it. Would have been useful in threads like this.
  17. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I like it. Would have been useful in threads like this.
    Hence the suggestion.
    I'm STILL not sure whether dport is joking or not (he has to be, right?). But the rest of you can send those $100 bills and personal IDs to:

Ralph
    666 Nowhere Drive
    Black Hole, KS 99999

It will automatically be forwarded to my address in Nigeria. I will personally pick up a 700w off the assembly line and send it to you as late as possible.
    Thanks Ralph,

The money is on it's way. I couldn't find my checkbook, I hope you don't mind if I pay you in change.
  19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeReaction
    Thanks Ralph,

The money is on it's way. I couldn't find my checkbook, I hope you don't mind if I pay you in change.
    Wow, shipping the payment alone on that must have cost a pretty penny or two. Pun intended.
    i'll trade you a 700w for my limited edition Treo670 plus cash!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast