1.    #1  
    Will the Treo 700w sync with Mac OSX - Mail, ical etc, .mac etc?
    Quote Originally Posted by benvolio
    Will the Treo 700w sync with Mac OSX - Mail, ical etc, .mac etc?
    Wow, wait til it's released!

At any rate, you'll no doubt need MissingSync.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Didn't realize you were supposed to wait until a product was released before you asked questions. Is that not why this site exists? Why can't people just respond without sarcasm?
    Quote Originally Posted by benvolio
    Didn't realize you were supposed to wait until a product was released before you asked questions. Is that not why this site exists? Why can't people just respond without sarcasm?
    Wasn't neccesarily sarcasm. Besides, I did tell you that you would need something like Missing Sync, did I not??

WM devices ship with ActiveSync, which is NOT Mac compatible. I don't see why this would change.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Perhaps that's an enhancement that Palm could add as a customised feature.

I owned the PDA2k for almost 6 months and lack of Mac compatibility is a very good reason to steer clear of Windows Mobile devices. I bought The Missing Sync, Virtual PC and I still couldn't do ROM upgrades from my Mac. I couldn't install certain software without the hassle of launching Virtual PC.

If Palm proved that they could really turn Windows Mobile from a capable OS with a shoddy interface, into something that's nice to use and with Mac compatibility then I might actually consider it. Otherwise, no chance.
    I would venture to guess that MarkSpace's The Missing Sync will eventually work with the device, if not right off the bat.
    Last edited by tj722; 09/26/2005 at 07:54 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    We have several pocket PC at our office. We got them before we made the move to Mac. You can get them to sync with macs, but there are very few programs that will sync info between the Mac and windows mobile outside of microsoft office.

This is not the case with the palm OS. There are many programs that are written for Mac/Palm syncing.

We will have to see if future Treos will be made an upgraded Palm OS.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I don't think so. Not ever. Unless you consider the 2 trick that Missing Sync does "syncing".

Palm won't bother going to the trouble. They'll just leave the PalmOS version to satisfy the Mac community.
    http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_windowsmobile.php

not win 5 compatible YET.

I'm with you. Mac man.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    The other big syncing tool for PocketPC to Mac is PocketMac from IAA.

http://www.pocketmac.net

I've found it to be a little more consistently reliable than Missing Sync and more consistent in updating the software when new Mac OS revisions come out. It syncs with the MS suite and with things that hook into the whole iSync scheme of Apple (iCal, Address Book, etc.) You still need something like VirtualPC to install many PPC apps, but some PPC apps install directly on a Mac - PocketInformant, for example. But for day-to-day syncing of contacts, calendar, etc. PocketMac does the trick. Also - storage cards and main memory attach as "drives" on the Mac so you can drag files to/from the PPC directly from the Mac OS - no transfer app.

--Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by bilbo__baggins
    Perhaps that's an enhancement that Palm could add as a customised feature.

I owned the PDA2k for almost 6 months and lack of Mac compatibility is a very good reason to steer clear of Windows Mobile devices. I bought The Missing Sync, Virtual PC and I still couldn't do ROM upgrades from my Mac. I couldn't install certain software without the hassle of launching Virtual PC.

If Palm proved that they could really turn Windows Mobile from a capable OS with a shoddy interface, into something that's nice to use and with Mac compatibility then I might actually consider it. Otherwise, no chance.
    Are you holding 700w in your avatar?

Do you still need volumecare?
    benvolio,

Thanks for asking the question. My business is entirely Mac oriented and my Verizon contract renewal is coming up shortly. I previously was all set to upgrade from just a simple mobile phone to a Treo 650 and then starting thinking about waiting for the the 700 or the Motorola Q. But if it is going to be a hassle syncing my schedule, notes and expense reports I don't need the headache.

A 1.3 megapixel camera means nothing when I have 16 in the bag.
    I have been searching the blog, but can't find a thread that helps Mac users upgrade their Treo 650 firmware/software.

I have an unlocked GSM (running on T-Mobile)
    Firmware 1.23
    Software Treo650-1.02-cnb
    Hardware A

I am pretty sure there are newer/better versions that have fixed some of the minor issues I have been experiencing.

Thanks!
    JM
  14. GTI
    JM,
    We're off the thread topic here, but a quick answer. Just go to www.palm.com, Support, Treo 650, and pick the appropriate Treo 650. If you have the PalmOne unbranded GSM 650, then you can download the files for your Mac to use. Alternatively, go to their special Mac support pages.
    Good luck, Bob