Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1.    #1  
    'Nuff said. Sorry GSM and Sprint (I happen to be one) folks.
  2. #2  
    Makes my decision NOT to switch that much easier--I'm stuck (and like it) with Sprint. A Windows Palm on Verizon not that interesting to me.
  3. #3  
    They said that it's "launching exclusively on Verizon." Not sure if that means that it will always be exclusive to Verizon...
  4. JoeSam's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #4  
    It is exclusive. No tealeaves to read.
  5. #5  
    Y'all can keep the 700w.. Their is not much of an improvement anyways. Actually minuses if you ask me. Window base and 240x240. I'm just hoping the 700p (if it does exist) comes out w/sprint...
  6. #6  
    Having a device tied exclusively to one network is a pretty terrible move IMHO!



    They'd get far more sales from Sprint customers as the EVDO rollout comes.

    And if they make and EDGE version for Cingular and others that would mean even more sales.

    As someone else said does Palm not like making money???
  7. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #7  
    Nah, it will only be exclusive for a few months, just like before.
  8. #8  
    Yea now they are saying that it will be the middle of next year when it is available to other carriers.

    Props to TheStreet.com for asking!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    'Nuff said. Sorry GSM and Sprint (I happen to be one) folks.
    Oh Damn......

    I guess I'll have to keep this stabile, go anywhere and connect anytime T650.

    I guess I'll have to wait to look at a Sprint 700P whenever they get around to making it available.

    Oh Well.......

    Chuck
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Having a device tied exclusively to one network is a pretty terrible move IMHO!



    They'd get far more sales from Sprint customers as the EVDO rollout comes.

    And if they make and EDGE version for Cingular and others that would mean even more sales.

    As someone else said does Palm not like making money???
    The problem I see is the longer that they wait to roll it out on Sprint (or other carries) the less likely those that want to upgrade will wait for it and then jump on the 6700 or something else that has WM.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by darnell
    Having a device tied exclusively to one network is a pretty terrible move IMHO!



    They'd get far more sales from Sprint customers as the EVDO rollout comes.

    And if they make and EDGE version for Cingular and others that would mean even more sales.

    As someone else said does Palm not like making money???
    Mr. Justice:

    Look who's calling the shots now. Bill says Verizon is the biggest PPC/WM handset provider. Bill says though shalt develop for Verizon. Bill says.... (remember your childhood game of "Mother may I?")
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  12. n4cer's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    #12  
    I respect Palms right to branch out but I must say that it sure doesn't sound like Palm will be producing/marketing a new palm os Treo for some time. It has become common place for us Treo users to expect an exciting upgrade every year. I am very disappointed palm fan and have a Sprint account. Like t2gungho said above......I think I will be switching to the darkside and going to a WM PPC-6700 very soon.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    The problem I see is the longer that they wait to roll it out on Sprint (or other carries) the less likely those that want to upgrade will wait for it and then jump on the 6700 or something else that has WM.
    Actually, it won't take that long at all. My 6700 order went in today. Quite a shame, I've been with HS/Palm since the early days of the 300 and hoped they would succeed against the MS Deathstar. But they just let everyone catch up, and now pass them.
  14. #14  
    Looks like the other folks like Cingular and Sprint will et the 700W in the 3rd or 4th QTR of 2006. If the spec.'s look good I will probably trade up in hope that the corporate e-mail will function better then Activesync on versamail.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Looks like the other folks like Cingular and Sprint will et the 700W in the 3rd or 4th QTR of 2006. If the spec.'s look good I will probably trade up in hope that the corporate e-mail will function better then Activesync on versamail.
    I just didnt want to wait that long (cripes Ive waited this long with my trusty 600). I think I will just upgrade to the 650 (used) and then hold my breath for a new 700p next year.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  16. #16  
    I think this means the 700W is exclusive to Verizon. 700p or pther 700 versions will likely appear on other carriers.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by n4cer
    I respect Palms right to branch out but I must say that it sure doesn't sound like Palm will be producing/marketing a new palm os Treo for some time.
    There's been nothing to indicate that this is true. They restricted this morning's press conference to discussion of the Palm/MS/VZW initiative. All other product news will wait 'til this afternoon's Analyst Day and CTIA Wireless tomorrow.
  18. #18  
    Moderators/MrFuhrman - You may want to change the title of this thread because it's very misleading to those who don't bother to read all the posts carefully.
  19. #19  
    I guess I don't see the benefit of pushing this thing off until the summer. It seems to me the PPC 6700, the Q and a handful of other devices are here and best the new 700w in different areas. The Q is smaller and the PPC 6700 does it all.

    With competition like this, why would Palm decide to either release this medicore device or wait to deploy something better for non-Verizon customers? I think they should be more concerned that the competition will be getting better while they're goofing off with 'exclusive contracts', addind Wifi as an SD 'option' (after all, if its said in a press conference or on the box, it MUST work, right?) and the like.

    I think we've all gotten used to standing around and waiting for the newest thing from Palm that they've taken advantage of the situation. I mean honestly, they've had over a year since the deployment of the T650, and this is there answer?

    Watch out Palm. When you ditch your own OS, you're entering a very competitive pool.
  20. SteveDu's Avatar
    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #20  
    If WM2k5 is a MUST but GSM... then might consider the HP 6710/15...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions