Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hova
    You guys are not going to believe this. I just texted bill right and I said I quote " I can't believe I'm texting the richest man in the world, If only he would reply I would never delete his text" Guess what? He actually texted me back!!!!! HE said quote " Hi fun phone" sweet!!!
    Is his name on the text?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Is his name on the text?
    Probably not, but we could refer back to the previously posted number unless the mods removed it.
    <merged>
    I've got the number, although I didn't call him.
    Quote Originally Posted by UGlee
    Do you mean the treo 700w will be exclusively carried by verizon FOREVER?
    Second half of 2006 sounds like forever to me.
    The 700w is Microsoft's Blackberry killer. For Palm, it represents a huge corporate growth market. For the rest of us, it supports "broadband" and has some additional functionality. But still, no built-in wifi. This makes sense for Verizon. Buc can you see Skype for the Treo 700w? I can. But if you don't want to have a carrier, the phone will cost more, and you'll have to use a wifi card.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You'd think 40 billion dollars would buy a guy a better fitting suit.
    With 40B you think the guy would eat.
    Check out the palm.com website. That was quick.
    Notice the picture on the website looks different than the one on engadgets website. (the Labels: verizon on right side and "palm" instead of "treo" as the other label.)
    re: all the sms calls bill phone got. i'm sure it was just the number of the phone and not his actual everyday number.

anyhow, you saw the first live stress test of the 700. it sounds like it past.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Let me ask this as I have little experience with Windows Mobile - is it that bad or crash prone?
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    Let me ask this as I have little experience with Windows Mobile - is it that bad or crash prone?
    yes. It prolly a bit more stable than palmOS, but my coworkers ipaq with WM was crashing every few minutes for a while there...
    I can't remember the last time my Toshiba reset. All in all, I've had very good experience with all my PPC/WM devices.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    Is his name on the text?
    That Snap software is actually pretty cool. whoever suggested it. Here it is. Hova communicating with the richest man in the world. Thinking of it, maybe I should have asked for a million dollas!!!! lolllllllllllllll
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hova; 09/28/2005 at 07:20 AM.
    Well shadowmite what do you think? Do you still think the PPC 6700 will be better? I want to have whatever phone you will be hacking next.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Don't know about WM5, but my (former) Dell x50v was as solid as any Plam since the Palm Vx.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by hova
    That Snap software is actually pretty cool. whoever suggested it. Here it is. Hova communicating with the richest man in the world. Thinking of it, maybe I should have asked for a million dollas!!!! lolllllllllllllll

amazing! All I got was: "Automated Response: That was a demo number "

Although it doesn't seem to be saying that anymore.

Bill prolly chucked the phone after the conference anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki
    Well shadowmite what do you think? Do you still think the PPC 6700 will be better? I want to have whatever phone you will be hacking next.
    I honestly think the phone they are making will be quite awesome, but no wifi without an SD card is shooting themselves in the foot. The 6700 is out NOW and comes with one of the most sensative wifi's I have ever seen. I'd say if they released this treo this month or next, it would be something to invest in (for verizon customers at least) but considering reality, I am happy I bought the 6700 and plan to use it.

Once the 6700 gets it's first update and is released to consumers it'll be one incredible phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    I honestly think the phone they are making will be quite awesome, but no wifi without an SD card is shooting themselves in the foot. The 6700 is out NOW and comes with one of the most sensative wifi's I have ever seen. I'd say if they released this treo this month or next, it would be something to invest in (for verizon customers at least) but considering reality, I am happy I bought the 6700 and plan to use it.

Once the 6700 gets it's first update and is released to consumers it'll be one incredible phone.
    Good to know,the 6700 is going to be my Christmas present to myself.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    yes. It prolly a bit more stable than palmOS, but my coworkers ipaq with WM was crashing every few minutes for a while there...
    Not only is it more stable, it also does not cause power surges which electrocute it's owners. Nor has it ever had a lawsuit filed against it. If I were Palm I would settle that lawsuit now with a coupon towards buying a Treo with Windows Mobile claiming an upgrade to it would be the only way to resolve all the inherently PalmOS design flaws detailed in that lawsuit.

Hope all the PalmOS bashers are satisfied.
    Last edited by Bob-C; 09/26/2005 at 02:14 PM.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast