Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Well off to lunch since my morning was wake up at 11:40 and conference from 12-1...
    I liked the demo, seems like some very cool and well thought features. The fact that Verizon is testing it first is a big plus as well.
    Well there you have it. All the functionality of the Palm, with a MUCH better OS.
    I'm mad about the WinMob Treo, but what'd make me madder is a Palm OS emulator for Windows Mobile!! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    "They are not in Baghdad. They are not in control of any airport. I tell you this. It is all a lie. They lie. It is a hollywood movie. You do not believe them."
    That guy was priceless !
    I think what he was about the memory was that he uses a 2GB card and he's sure that soon we'll even see reasonable priced higher capacity cards-and that was where the 16GB was mentioned...but the original question was asking about more built in memory,not expansion slots....

But then again,the guy who asked the memory question wanted an 8 megapixel camera and I forget what else !

I have to admit,the features seem pretty great-but verizon only-at least until sometime mid 06-feh !
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGallant
    Could the do a firmware 'reformat' to a treo 650 windows mobile?
    No, not possible, the amount of memory required is not available.
    Quote Originally Posted by narbeauchamp
    I think what he was about the memory was that he uses a 2GB card and he's sure that soon we'll even see reasonable priced higher capacity cards-and that was where the 16GB was mentioned...but the original question was asking about more built in memory,not expansion slots....

But then again,the guy who asked the memory question wanted an 8 megapixel camera and I forget what else !

I have to admit,the features seem pretty great-but verizon only-at least until sometime mid 06-feh !
    Yea so he spun away from the question just as I figured. The guy who asked was making some pretty far fetched requests. He should have stuck with the memory issue and left it at that. Tossing out so much made the question that much easier to avoid.

I guess this means we won't see any dramatic increase in the available space. They said nothing about exact specs for the Treo 700w.

Oh well, look at the bright side of a Verizon exclusive release to start. It will give us time to watch the Verizon folks work all the issues out . And give us all the good scoop.
  9.    #209  
    over 200 responses in under an hour - this is my most popular thread ever!
    Dude, stop calling it the 700w! They said there is no offical name. I'd imagine they are gonna come up with a revision because it's already "dated" in hardware design.
    I always love when people set themselves up for an evasive answer !

Yep,I guess we'd better continue keeping our eyes out for great prices on 2GB cards and stock up.

I also found it interesting when they were commenting about call quality and volume-has anyone with Verizon Treo's had better luck actually being able to hear their calls w/o having to purchase a 3rd party app ?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sam-i-am
    over 200 responses in under an hour - this is my most popular thread ever!
    You guys are not going to believe this. I just texted bill right and I said I quote " I can't believe I'm texting the richest man in the world, If only he would reply I would never delete his text" Guess what? He actually texted me back!!!!! HE said quote " Hi fun phone" sweet!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hova
    You guys are not going to believe this. I just texted bill right and I said I quote " I can't believe I'm texting the richest man in the world, If only he would reply I would never delete his text" Guess what? He actually texted me back!!!!! HE said quote " Hi fun phone" sweet!!!
    We need a screenshot!! We need a screenshot!! (this from the guy who was dogging you for bothering good ol' Bill)
    I do have to say, this device looks very impressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    Dude, stop calling it the 700w! They said there is no offical name. I'd imagine they are gonna come up with a revision because it's already "dated" in hardware design.
    That's right, because there IS NO ALPHABET SOUP - no 700p (Palm), no 700l (Linux), no 700s (Symbian - or simian if you're Insertion).

You just saw the end of the Palm Treo line. Sure, there may be some 700 look-a-like with Frankengarnet on it, but Windoze with be the multi-tasking future for the Treo line. Wonder how much M$oft stock is in Cooligan's portfolio?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Now if Sprint were smart, they'd hold a press conference tomorrow and announce Blackberry of palm will be released next week
    Sounds like they are really going after BB with this device.

Early next year.... that could be March!

Sounds like NO LINUX or COBALT coming!
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    We need a screenshot!! We need a screenshot!! (this from the guy who was dogging you for bothering good ol' Bill)

One sec. I'm going to take a picture of the message. I'm at work, so I have to find someone with a camera phone.
    One sec. I'm going to take a picture of the message. I'm at work, so I have to find someone with a camera phone.
    You know, I'm glad he had fun with you guys sending him messages. That's pretty cool of him not to get angry about it.

I just hope nobody wrote anything obscene.
    Time to look into Snap
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast