1.    #1  
    I have never used a windows mobile device but I wouldn't think anyone (even wm fans) could be too excited about a square screen with less real estate. Don't most wm apps work best in some type of landscape view?

A year from now software for it will be great. I'm getting a replacement next week (bad "p" key). I'm ok with the 650 for awhile longer. As an early adopter of the 650 I put up with a lot of issues for months. I guess I'm not that anxious for even the 700p. I don't mind owning the best smartphone available for another couple of months.

The one thing I really don't like is that it doesn't truly multitask. But it was never promised too me either. We can listen to pocket tunes or audible and use other apps. I can use Chatter and Verichat in the background. I'm happpy about that.
    it is my understanding that wm is a square screen os. either 240x240 or 480x480.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I'd poo a golden brick if it were 480x480.

I almost think its obviously not from the pictures Engadget posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    I'd poo a golden brick if it were 480x480.

I almost think its obviously not from the pictures Engadget posted.
    would a 480x480 resolution work the form factor of the treow? wouldnt it have to be larger?

just wondering
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    No, I don't think it would have to be larger. The pixels just get smaller, and it would be ONE DARN sharp screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterFuhrman
    No, I don't think it would have to be larger. The pixels just get smaller, and it would be ONE DARN sharp screen.
    Yeah, I think the 650 screen looks pretty good but a 480x480? Wow. Just out of curiosity, would it take more battery power for a hi res screen versus lo res?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

would that be a 480p screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Yeah, I think the 650 screen looks pretty good but a 480x480? Wow. Just out of curiosity, would it take more battery power for a hi res screen versus lo res?
    I'm no expert on displays, but I would assume so because there would be more than twice (128000 more) pixels than a 320x320 screen.
    I don't think Windows Mobile is limited to square resolutions. The PPC-6700 (which I should receive Monday) has 320x240.

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp...source=SIDEBAR
    Quote Originally Posted by denik
    I don't think Windows Mobile is limited to square resolutions. The PPC-6700 (which I should receive Monday) has 320x240.

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp...source=SIDEBAR
    PocketPC's have always been QVGA (320x240.) With WM2003SE, VGA (640x480) was introduced. Only recently have devices come out with a square screen.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    What happenned to the Benq P50? I'ld imagine that would be alot more appealing to users craving that form factor than the 700w wouldn't it?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    What happenned to the Benq P50? I'ld imagine that would be alot more appealing to users craving that form factor than the 700w wouldn't it?
    I haven't heard anything in quite a while about it, but I had read some reviews that said it flopped.

It did look promising, though.
    I saw the p50 on doml.com a couple days ago.

Todd/Indy