1.    #1  
    Engadget has a first look at the first Windows Mobile 5.0 Powered Treo:

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000867059961/

Have at it kids.
    Latest moBlog shot:
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I thought you left. Welcome back.
    Last edited by naivete; 09/22/2005 at 12:21 PM.
    Well, it's all over but the crying....
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Is it me, or does it get thicker toward the keyboard end of the unit? Not that happy about the 240x240 res(if confirmed) and no integrated wifi.
    Last edited by naivete; 09/22/2005 at 12:26 PM.
    holy **** on a stick!

---------------------
    EDIT

but it looks to our eyes like its 240 x 240 pixels, not 320 x 320. But were not 100% on that, ok?

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUURNED! lol
    Last edited by bigredgpk; 09/22/2005 at 12:20 PM.
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    So what version of the Palm OS will the 700p be? Is anyone thinking of jumping ship. I would love the Windows Media Player to stream live feeds.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Life is over as we know it!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Life is over as we know it!
    Well, I called it yesterday:

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.

Just like the Borg, with Micro$oft, resistance is futile.
    How the heck is it Verizon branded? They just came out with the 650, it needs to come out on Sprint first (for my personal benefit of course).
    I was JUST about to post this. I knew it wouldnt be long after the ppc 6700 was released that info on the new treo would surface.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    How the heck is it Verizon branded? They just came out with the 650, it needs to come out on Sprint first (for my personal benefit of course).
    Can you spell "EVDO"?

They are apparently well ahead of Sprint on deployment, and with this jewel, can you imagine the dollar signs they see at $50-60 per month for wireless broadband?
    AWESOME! Wifi with the SD card, evdo, 1mp cam, and (hopefully?) bt 1.2. I can't wait.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

By the way, does his now mean that the Windows crowd gets to experience and enjoy the rants of the Tundy crowd on what a POS the 700w is?
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Why does it have to look like such CRAP!!! Do they not listen to us? I thought we wanted a 650 but with EVDO, wifi, and upgraded BT.As far as I am concerned I not going to buy it.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Does this mean we will getting more Windows Mobile users posting this site and asking question like how to turn it on and stuff.
    Well,I guess I know what I won't be buying.With wifi and upgraded BT ,along with memory improvements -I would've been willing to purchase.At that,I might as well buy the enfora sled ,and more software...
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    who was that guy that said the new windows treo would not have evdo but just an upgraded wm5? lol. i even say back in the day it wasn't going to be called the 670. sheesh. and to think he made you guys believe it would have the same amount of memory. ha!

still a p.o.s. though no wifi unless you buy a card. oh ok, thanks! that's what i want! won't have sd slot available then! oh what's this! that sd wifi card gets 50k/max? oh good. maybe it's just verizon not wanting wifi...ya...that's it!
    + EVDO
    - No wifi, no GPS, and a 240X240 screen.
    OS is a draw to me.

Even if it runs freaking OSX I don't think it's that much of a upgrade from my 650. Meh. I am really not moved by any of the current PDA phones so far. I wish the 6700 is a tag smaller.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I watch a lot of movies / video on my Treo 650 and enjoy the 320 X 320 resolution! I can understand having to drop the resolution to 240 X 240 to accomodate windows mobile but I wonder if the palm version will remain at 320 X320 ? It doesn't seem like they would need to change it for the palm os...but....if it's cheaper to do then I'm sure that is what will happen. If the palm version resolution remains the same then I will upgrade.....if not then I will wait happily with my 650 for the 750 or what ever the heck the next one will be.
    I would probably buy it if the resolution was better. For me I will probably wait on a 320x320 resolution model that follows this one.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast