View Poll Results: Is there a chance you'll buy the Treo 700w?

Voters
281. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

93 33.10%
  • No

188 66.90%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just yes or no. Is there a chance you might get it our not?

For me the answer is yes! That yes comes with a lot of "DEPENDS" but still there is a chance I might get it.

So either there is a chance you might or it's just a no-go for you.
    Last edited by darnell; 09/23/2005 at 08:18 PM. Reason: spelling error. Please fix the poll's spelling if you can.
    You might want to edit your question Darnell. change--->chance
    For me, no chance, no change.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    You might want to edit your question Darnell. change--->chance
    DOH!!!
    Where's the Maybee vote.

I'd like a WM Treo, just not this one.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    if the spec are as stated 240x240 no WIFI etc. then no, I'll get the 6700
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  7.    #7  
    Early on in the polling (14 votes so far) it appears to be the classic 80/20 split. With the 80% leaning against possibly getting a Treo 700w.

imageone, I think you raise a good point that I've considered. With the PPC there are so many various types that if you don't like the specs on one there are plenty of others to choose from. For me the Treo's keyboard is just so good I'd hate to give it up. The same QWERTY keyboard design is what made the BlackBerry so great. I've always wanted to see a PPC with the QWERTY keyboard design.

I also want better screen resolution. I can't believe it might only have a 240X240 screen. So I'm going to wait for the "official" specs before I say too much about them. They know what we want. Let's see if they are able to meet the market's demands.
    I'm going to go for the first hardware offering the following:

1. Either Samsung i500 flip phone size or candy bar 4 x 2.5 x.7 with sliding keyboard
    2. INTERNAL ANTENNAE
    3. WiFi
    4. Bluetooth 2
    5. 256mb (Palm OS) or 512mb (WM) INTERNAL ram/rom
    6. EVDO or UTMS (? or other GMS related broadband)
    7. Rectangular screen (320x480)
    8. SD slot
    9. All day battery (okay - just kidding there)

So, I guess I may as well pack it in for a couple of years.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    A WM device would have to be incredibly superior to the 650 or the next Palm OS Treo for me to jump. I have too much time, knowledge and money invested in my Palm software.

Cheers, Perry.
    again, this device isn't targeted at current Treo users, so the results of this poll don't surprise me. Why would someone with a 650 feel the need to upgrade to this device? They wouldn't, and Palm isn't targeting you guys with this device. They are going after the IT manager who is in love with all things Microsoft, and who only wants to deploy MS-based mobile devices. That person doesn't care about 240 x 240 (see RIM for an example), or possibly even Wi-Fi. That person wants a single OS he/she can manage via Exchange; he/she probably also wants to satisfy his user demands for a good device, and this new unit from Palm does all that. End of story. This is an enterprise-focused device for the most part, and it's certainly not targeted at the Palm enthusiast community. Think about it.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    Why would someone with a 650 feel the need to upgrade to this device?
    I think if you had one of these you would not have to ask .
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    I will look at the 700P if they come out with that, I like the look of the device but have tried and not liked windows mobile.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    not a chance in hell ill be going for the 700w. but who knows? that could change.
    Darnell -

my point was that all the current Treo users are debating & bemoaning the 240 x 240 & no WiFi, etc - what my post meant was that for all those users, the 700 isn't targeted at them, and thus the results of the poll are not surprising. Sure Slingbox is cool & might cause some folks to look closer at a 700/whatever, but that's not what I was saying. just that this poll and all the threads where people with 650s NOW who are saying 'no way would I upgrade to this device' - those are NOT the people who Palm is going after, so all the ruckus is essentially useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    Darnell -

my point was that all the current Treo users are debating & bemoaning the 240 x 240 & no WiFi, etc - what my post meant was that for all those users, the 700 isn't targeted at them, and thus the results of the poll are not surprising.
    There are still a couple of us treo 600 users who thought the 650 really wasnt an upgrade and are now willing to entertain the idea of a WM treo.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

definitely not!!! ever!!! well... not right now anyways...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    I might be willing to consider it if I can get it for free with a new contract. Honestly, can they really get $600 for this thing? I am sure they are going to try but at the $600 price point for wm5 devices this thing gets smoked...

_rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    There are still a couple of us treo 600 users who thought the 650 really wasnt an upgrade and are now willing to entertain the idea of a WM treo.
    Nope. I've got the 600. I thought the 650 was overpriced for its minor upgrades. And I think the 700w is even worse than the 650 as far as price per improvements.

I had just hoped that the 700 would offer some real improvements like the 300 -> 600 move did. Now they have sullied the 700's good number.
    *yawn* *looks at Treo 700w* *turns over and goes right back to sleep*
    zzzzzzz
    If they had a GSM version a year ago, I would have bought it then. There are some features of WM5 that I like that Palm doesn't have, but a year ago, the Windows smartphones were too limited, i.e. limited software compatibility to PPC, no keyboards like the Treo, etc.

I ended up getting a phone that was just a phone (though with blue tooth), and tether now.

I do miss my Treo 600, though, especially when I want to do quick text messages, or email.

If it does well, in a year or 2 I will strongly consider coming back.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast