Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Good find, more fuel to the fire that Verizon will be first
    Maybe Microsoft is going to buy Palm.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I heard from a reliable source at an undisclosed location that Verizion had a new OS and they were actually in the process of a hostile takeover of MS and Palm
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    I guess that's why they punish their stock today, so they can push it back up on monday. I should've bought some before the market closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    Maybe Microsoft is going to buy Palm.
    Oh man I hope that's not true. I wish Apple would buy Palm!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Oh man I hope that's not true. I wish Apple would buy Palm!!
    Really? So they can put an end to all third-party app development?

Palm wasn't exactly cheap, but when you compare the price of a iPod and a Treo 650, then compare what else the 650 does besides play music, maybe Steve does see big $$$ for a MacTreo.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
    it has been known for a while that MS is trying to acquire palm. MS does not plan to do away with the palm OS, it will continue to develop and support Palm OS, but with MS's blessings.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    it has been known for a while that MS is trying to acquire palm. MS does not plan to do away with the palm OS, it will continue to develop and support Palm OS, but with MS's blessings.
    Not that I'm all knowing or anything, but this is news to me.
    hmmmm...the iTreo...has a nice sound to it
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l

PalmOne just might do away with PalmSource in the near future now that Access is buying them.

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/050909/japan...rce.html?.v=11
    Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb?
    Damm, so now I have to wait for Sprint to catch up?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Damm, so now I have to wait for Sprint to catch up?
    if there is such an aninal, Im sure sprint will be the first with the next palm treo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    I heard from a reliable source at an undisclosed location that Verizion had a new OS and they were actually in the process of a hostile takeover of MS and Palm
    Hostile takeover of MS? Does that MS you typed stand for Microsoft? My only response is HA HA HA! That is probably the funniest thing I've heard all week.
    I read in the NY times that the next Treo will be Windows PPC OS! So it sounds like the end of the line for palm os, since phones are the expanding market and Phoneless PDA's are a declining market.

Too bad. Having a treo 650 and a Dell X30, I like the treo much better. (the x30 has wi-fi that we use at work to test wireless acess points.) If the treo had wi-fi the dell would never leave the shelf.
    I have a reliable source in heaven who tells me they are about to build a golf course in Bill's back yard....they just wanted to let people know...

seriously.....do you think MS thought wow so many reboots on the Treo..wow this looks like a device we can work with....!!!
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by gt5l

Right! If MS wants to buy Palm it will eventually get rid of the OS. If Uncle Bill hates anything it is competition! Say goodbye to PALM if MS buys it.
    LLARSON
    Treo 600, 650,700P, 755P and iPHONE
    Hey wait a minute...there were a lot more replies in this section including a wapping big one from me....has this been deleted????!!!!

What big brother in TC......??????? or has Bill already dug his claws into TC...
    or, was it because I had a dig at the holy shadowmite.....wow...chilling....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast