Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by broxman
    The Treo 650 has the best display, by far, that I've ever seen on a mobile device !
    Are you serious? I mean the 650 is ok, but I would never consider it the best. Have you ever seen the Sammy i730?
    Best display on ANY mobile device has to go to ANY VGA WM device, followed by the HVGA of the PalmOS T3/T5/TX/LD models. After that, yes, the 650 is quite nice, but even the E2 has a better contrast, richer saturation, and nicer use of brightness control (except no off) than the 650.
    <-- this comes from a person who has owned or reviewed all of the above except an LD of which I set up for a friend -->
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Hard to beat the HTC Universal screen (VGA) - but it's also a pretty big device too.
    Ohhh, but you all overlooked just one handheld ... the Clie PEG-VZ90!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Patrick Horne
    Why did Sony get out of the PDA business anyway? They could have made some great Palm OS phones!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm afraid to think of what Sony could have done with smartphones based on Palm OS. Had they stayed in the PDA game it would be interesting to say the least. I believe they knew it was "lights out" when they got their first copy of Palmsources own Cobalt 6.0 loaded up, they realized that a hopeless OS coupled with a static non-connected PDA market all underneath with profit pressures from corp HQ. Surely the VZ was designated for Cobalt.

I get visions of Palm sugarplums dancing just thinking about a T637 quality, ultra-compact, Palm OS, HVGA-OLED smartphone with BT2.0, WiFi(g), EDGE, & multimedia heaven!!! Woohooo.

Then it hits me ... it would have a Memory Schtick.

Back to the T3.
    Patrick Horne
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567