Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    It is 240x240, and a lot of existing Windows Mobile apps have issues with it.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian studen
    i know the pixels are a factor, but if it is 240x240 i wouldn't be upset if the increased the hues on it so it can show 262,000 colors. It's not so much the pixel but the amout of hues it shows. I have had both a P900/910 and when they increased the hues to 262,000 it made a big difference the screen was much brighter and more clear. 240x240 wont be bad at 262,000. We both know that the os does not support this.
    Hues may improve viewability but resolution is resolution and the 700 is only 2/3 the resolution of the 650. Where does this really get to be an issue? When apps use the greater resolution of other devices being produced and Treo 700w users will be greatly disappointed and rather infuriated.

Having used the Treo 600, which was usable and there is a diminishing return to how many pixels you stick into a tiny area, there is no question that with some apps the difference is dramatic and important. This will undoubtedly be even more of an issue in 6 months. Think about it before you run out to buy your 700w.
    I find the resolution issue amusing. Palm users are complaining it has 240*240 and that its inferior to the Treo 650 320*320 but it took Palm a long time to move up in screen resolution, a long time.

I have owned, used the hw6515 so I can comment on a 240*240 screen. True its not a nice as a VGA 640*480 screen but I won't miss the battery life. Is it as nice as a 320*320 to me it is, and thats what matters to me. The ultimately decision will be made by each WM user if they find the screen acceptable. Somehow I doubt Treo 650 users are going to jump over to WMOS for the Treo 700w regardless of screen resolution.

Frankly the device is what it is and you are going to buy it or you aren't its that simple.
    I agree about the resolution being a mute point. For WM devices the normal horizontal resolution is 240. It is like comparing apples to oranges. The only real set back for a WM user is the decrease in vertical resolution.
    I like WM5 in 320x240 or higher. 700w resolution , at least for me.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I like WM5 in 320x240 or higher. 700w resolution , at least for me.
    I can't really say anything about it until I actually see it with my own eyes and view a couple different apps through it first.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I can't really say anything about it until I actually see it with my own eyes and view a couple different apps through it first.
    this is the only answer this thread needs
    This is a DISCUSSION board. We'll discuss it the way we see fit, not how YOU view as relevant only. You said similar **** in 2 other threads! People have a right to ask questions if they want to, on a DISCUSSION board! Otherwise, it defeats the whole purpose.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    This is a DISCUSSION board. We'll discuss it the way we see fit, not how YOU view as relevant only. You said similar **** in 2 other threads! People have a right to ask questions if they want to, on a DISCUSSION board! Otherwise, it defeats the whole purpose.
    Is this directed towards me?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Is this directed towards me?
    NO!!! Stihl. In 2 other threads, he implied many posts and/or threads were useless. Similar here.

NO!!! Stihl. In 2 other threads, he implied many posts and/or threads were useless. Similar here.
    Gotcha...I didn't take it that way (at least in this thread). I just took it as his opinion.

I personally don't think the 240x240 resolution is all that bad on some of these screen shots but I suspect it will look different on the actual handheld and not on my laptop.

240x240 is low end resolution for WM, which is why it shouldn't be on the expensive Treo. Along with 32MB, another low end feature, that's not good. I really hope that 32MB is only on those test models.

240x240 is low end resolution for WM, which is why it shouldn't be on the expensive Treo.
    I agree in part but I thought part of the problem was:

1. the treo screen is square (hence the resolution can't be 320x240

2. a lot (majority?) of wm5 apps arent written for 460x460

Maybe if they had done more with the 700w, I wouldn't complain so much. They had a chance to make a big bang, it came out as a wimper. I think the HP 6515(same resolution) is better equipped with features.

Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I had no idea that me agreeing with t2gungho's point of view was something I could not do on these forums. Thanks for correcting me.

Btw, I've probably been actuated into posting maybe four times on these boards as I come here primarily to get (mostly) interesting information concerning my future purchase of a Treo 700w. The fact that you remembered the number of times I've posted as well as the nature of my posts (yes, they probably did imply that a certain thread was, essentially, worthless, which is a valid opinion) is strong grounds to the nature of many of the threads that permeate these forums.

Exactly how am I wrong to voice my opinion that more than one 'OMG700p IN dEcEMBER winTAR solstice YES!!' threads are not needed. Exactly how am I wrong to be annoyed when I click on 10 treo 700w threads to find out more about my future purchase, only to hear people argue over NOTHING but perceived facts-completely unsubstanciated 'facts'-for pages and pages in 9 out of all 10 of those threads?

Hell, even my quoting t2gungho wasn't a jab at anyone else in this or any other thread. It was merely me seconding that I was of the exact same mindset, however, instead of saying 'I am of the exact same mindset as t2gungho', I said that his mindset was the only one that makes any kind of sence (to me).

Oh. I'm sorry. Should I make my text purple too? I am your humble servant.
    People are DISCUSSING on a DISCUSSION BOARD, that was my point. People are always discussing rumors and speculation on this forum. If you think a thread is of no use to YOU, it's really easy to look over it instead of telling people their posts have no value. Maybe there was a legit reason they asked a question or are discussing possible upcoming features. You have a way of making it sound like only YOUR opinion counts. If I took your posts the wrong way, then I'm sorry.

The text is supposed to be dark slate blue, by the way. I just like the look.

Ladi Treo;
    Dont know if you had caught it, but it seems that Treonauts has a preproduction model. That RAM/ROM number might be different, more inline with other WM5 devices.

I have a office full of folks who are panting about this device. Silly really, but I was doing the same thing about my 650 a week ago after ordering it. Gotta love these devices right

I agree on your stance about discussion too.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Antoine, do you have one, and whats the specs. If you have one, what is the ram, ROM, processor speed, does it have MSFP?

Surur
    Gex posted on another thread that it actually has 64MB RAM and 128MB ROM. That's a whole lot better if true, whew!! But I guess we will have to wait until the 5th to actually see what the real truth is.

I don't have one. might not be getting it as there are others with more senority on staff. at this point I haven't even gotten an NDA so I really don't know what is going on at Palm in that respect. I have a guess that TC has one but cannot comment as that review Palm would be smart to get first
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast