Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ljj8503
    this guy almost cost me a very "enjoyable" weekend with my wife.....but thanks to my quick reflexes i managed to get it on my shirt instead......!!LOL

Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much info..

Anyway, that photoshop isn't even original. There have been many non-antenna photoshops of the Treo before this...

IMO, the next Treo will be PalmOS...whether it will be Frankengarnet or Cobalt who knows, but it probably will be the former. Also, it should have 1xEvDo/UMTs radio, faster proc, at min 64 MB NVFS ram, BT 1.2, and overall similar form factor. Basically, just incremental upgrades over the 650 with exception to the radio...

I hope, however, that Palm integrates Internal nand storage similar to the T5. 256/512 MB of Nand storage with drive mode would be nice addition to the Treo imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Its not a fake. I want to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Makes me wanna join that site, just so I can call that dude an ***...
    I'm so glad you have as much spare time as you do so you can represent us truth-telling Treo folk and call 'em as you see 'em. By the way, you're about to turn 5,000 posts......
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Quote Originally Posted by ibnujang
    i am so sick of the idea of having a windows based treo.
    i tried the ipaq for a few days once. all i can tell you is that it is a bloody difficult os to get used to. i am glad that i am still with palm os.

TY
    I'm with you; the thought of dealing with a Windows OS would forever keep me from buying it. With all the problems I have with Windows XP, I can only imagine how much trouble I'd have with Windows CE. I know, I know, it's a completely different product... but I'd much rather stick with Palm OS.

Better still, I'd love to see Apple come out with an OS for palmtops; the Newton OS was incredible. If only the form factor had been smaller... it was far and away the most incredible palmtop I've ever had. Just a little too far ahead of the curve... <holding breath, waiting for the assaults!>

Bob
    Of course it's a fake! Number one, they just displayed the new logo; number two, the obvious and terrible deletion of the antenna is something Palm would never have done; number three, the logo is blurry; number four, a new version will almost certainly have a slightly different cosmetic appearance.

My question is, why would ANYONE want to suffer with Windows CE? It's gotten mediocre press at best ever since its inception. Having used a palmtop computer now since before the Palm (Newton 120, Newton 2000), and a slew of Palms since they were introduced, I think the Palm OS is pretty nifty. Of course, as longtime Palm users know, its GUI was based on the Mac OS... so that explains a lot!

Bob
    I think not...check this link out. http://smartphonedubai.com/groupee/f...41/m/407107351
    This has been posted before and ripped apart. Never tried "Bluetooh" but I hope it works better than Bluetooth. Its a 650 less the attenna. Bad editing to booh, I mean boot.
    Ya if you blow it up you can see all the photo shop recoloring. The back ground is off white and the perp was rushing to much to blend in the different shades.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    old...tired...
    Wow Dutch, where have we seen this posted before??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    thoes pics are lame... low quality photoshop skillz
    Old Nokia - Nokia 3390 Sidekick 1 (black and white) - Sidekick Color - Treo 600 - Sidekick 2 - Blackberry 7100t - Treo 650 and razr black (best combo EVER) Iphone 8gb - Iphone 3G 16gb - BlackBerry Bold
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Wow Dutch, where have we seen this posted before??
    http://www.mobile-review.com/forum2/...273#post271273

we must have evil twins over there
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    http://www.mobile-review.com/forum2/...273#post271273

we must have evil twins over there
    OMFG!!!!oNE1!!!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Ya I forgot to show the blown up version in the first couple of threads we saw these pics in,,,
    OMG,,,, I read that thread,,,,,,,, thanks ,,, I peed my pants,,,,,I love you guys

Next time you have to invite me that was great,,,,
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Ya if you blow it up you can see all the photo shop recoloring. The back ground is off white and the perp was rushing to much to blend in the different shades.
    ROFL. Actually the blown up picture makes it look better and as if it was just bad compression. Checking out the picture actual size at the link shows the hack job. What I noticed immediately was the mistake "256 RAM"
    <merged>
    This is what I've seen as far as the new treo 700 goes. http://blog.treonauts.com/2004/10/treo_zen_refere.html

I just got my first treo and I absolutely love it.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Has anyone given thought to what happens to the developer base if Palm moves to Windows Mobile. Or what those of us who have invested heavily in third party applications for the Palm OS devices would do if we couldn't port our applications to the new device? I don't know about you but I suspect that the decision to put Windows Mobile on the device will be weighed against the availability of applications and how big a financial hit those of us would take to move to the new platform.

I would suspect that a worse case scenario is 2 versions of the device, one PalmOS, one Windows Mobile. That being said, didn't I just read that Palm Smartphones outsell Windows by a whopping margin? If that's true, why distress your install base (are you listening Palm)?
    The Borg will trace their ancestry to the Treo180.

Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 300, 600, 650, 700wx, 800w, HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre, TouchPad 32GB.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Photoshoped or not? You be the judge.

Take from Mobile-Review.

Link

Faked.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast