Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    This is not really an old thread.....just an ever evolving one!
    True. Its a good list to kickstart your PPC life though. I wish I had seen that list when I first got my Pocket PC awhile back.
    BTW - PocketBreeze is excellent. I am almost at the point where I can't run my life without it. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for the busy business person.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    can anyone direct me to an emulator for the pc that will show your ppc screen via the usb cradle? i'm having a problem and i'd like to see if i can configure the ppc through it. my screen cracked on one of my ppc6601's and hard reset, thus i cant configure it to touch screen and install the phone roms on it, thus i am unable to make calls. hanks in advance
    (basically i need an emulator or something that will show me on my pc what is shown on my ppc when i connect via cradle)
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Free Nice dictionary
    Encarta® Pocket Dictionary
    Download the dictionary FREE!
    Download this valuable resource today and start using the Lookup feature in Microsoft Reader to find instant definitions for more than 80,000 words — all with a single click.
    Download now! (2.35 MB)
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    can anyone direct me to an emulator for the pc that will show your ppc screen via the usb cradle? i'm having a problem and i'd like to see if i can configure the ppc through it. my screen cracked on one of my ppc6601's and hard reset, thus i cant configure it to touch screen and install the phone roms on it, thus i am unable to make calls. hanks in advance
    (basically i need an emulator or something that will show me on my pc what is shown on my ppc when i connect via cradle)
    there are several software solutions to remote your PPC from a desktop....though names to escape me at the moment....a quick Remote PPC search on a software site or two should point you in the right direction.

Also when I had a cracked screen, I used the Thinkoutside BT travel mouse and it worked great! ....of course this is assuming your screen turns on, but just cannot register any taps.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    yes, i have a cracked screen. and i'm not talking about remote pc software basically my problem is i need to skip the TAP CONFIGURATION after the hard reset (where it tells you to press here, here, etc.) and i'm trying to find a way to bypass that so i can access the ppc (bluetooth, network, carrier roms do not install until after this configuration) not to mention, right now the phone is worthless since i can't make any outgoing calls (no carrier roms installed after hard reset)
    oh what to do what to do. i was hoping it would connect to activesync but then i realized i have to bypass the tap setup first.
    sledgie
  6.    #46  
    I was in the same boat for a short while. When my screen cracked, which was fine with tapping the top half of the screen or using the mouse, I was forced to do a hard reset....without thinking about the initial calibration. I was so frustrated with it because I could not get past it. I finally was able to talk to one of the PPC OS programers at Microsoft. He said that there is no way to bypass that initial calibration after a hard reset.

Please.. ...don't kill the messenger! I hate to be the bearer of bad news!

Do you have insurance on the unit?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    actually it has saved me quite a bit of googling and losing my patience by you telling me that, so thank you. yes i have insurance on the unit but i'm not real fond of payong $50 for another unit (not knowing if its new or refurbished, on top of that if there are no refurbished 6600's they can replace it with non camera version says the fine print )

the real stinker is that i never dropped it, no scratches, ALWAYS kept it in the case, but somehow on the way to work i either bumped into a wall or sharp object which indented a dent in the side of the screen... the bad part about this is it right where the cover doesnt protect it...on the bottom of the case where there is a "U" shape that u push your thumb through to pop the phone up ... ah well, i tried explaining it but they said it doesnt fall under normal wear and tear guidelines.
    anyways, thanks for the help hobbes. always appreciated
    sledgie
  8.    #48  
    I had a similiar case with a cracked screen that I had not caused to the best of my knowledge....and I finally talked them into replacing via defective unit and NOT through insurance. I was persistant and my Sprint tech at my local store was really good and supportive. To get the full store look towards the end of this thread:

Using 6601 On the Road for Week.....
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62661
  9.    #49  
    Here is another site for searching for all kinds of apps/games/utilities for the PPC:

http://downloads-zdnet.com.com/2001-2009-0.html?tag=dir
    HobbesIsReal, great thread! Sorry for posting this in a few (they looked dead) threads today, but MS is building OneNote Mobile for WM.

http://blogs.msdn.com/chris_pratley/

If and when I jump to WM (and man, this one piece of software on a Treo might just do it), the only thing I think I'd miss is Chatter.
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    If and when I jump to WM (and man, this one piece of software on a Treo might just do it), the only thing I think I'd miss is Chatter.
    Yes...chatter is awesome. I wish it were on the ppc :-(
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

<moved>
  13.    #53  
    I just updated the original post with some updated software links for Free PPC Software, PocketBreeze, etc.....
    hi everyone i can tell you the best place to get everything you want for free
    anything at all
    from music to games to programs to movies to applications to pocketpc applications to themes to emulators anything at all you need to do is type what your looking for and you'll find it and its not illegal
    i think that most people should know about this but ill still tell everybody about it and please tell everyone you know about it i love helping people find free stuff. this is every websurfer's dream
    www.bearshare.com there is a free version at the bottom on the left written in small text
    but the best but kind of hard to handle is DC++ the lord of sharing here is the link to download it
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=70036
    trust me on this one
    it is perfect
    but its best if you put passive if you have a network connection to the internet
    and please share on it
    you get into better hubs
    if you have any questions at all
    type in this forum
    or send me an email at abdulhasibkikhia@hotmail.com
    have fun downloading
    and trust me when you get this
    youll never stop downloading
    heres the direct link to the bearshare free download
    http://download.bearshare.com/BSINSTALL.exe
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123