Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I cannot express my disappointment that Palm is dead, and that HP didn't create something awesome.

Yes.....my treo 750 crashed all the time!!!!! This happened to everyone, but it worked and it helped me be productive. Palm had a good thing going if they just focused on making great phones and not spending all their resources on Folio.

Now I have an Iphone. This phone is a joke. It does not help me with productivity!!!! It does have fun things to do, but I desire something that is functional and not dysfunctional.

Thanks for letting me vent!!!!! Well, times change and I wished they changed for the better. Maybe in 10 years there will be a real smartphone again.

Tim
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I feel your pain, nothing against WM, I tried it but could not get used to it, I started on Palm, and that is the OS that I love, just recently switched back to the Palm Treo 755p, for exactly the same reasons you mentioned, I have an iPod Touch, an iPhone with out the radio, I tried using it as a PDA, and like you what a joke, I do still use it for what it is good for, wasting time, I can't believe that thing has taken over like it has, Steve Jobs says "You need an I phone" and every body marches in line like Eloi to the slaughter, and every other PDA company tries to beat them, should have just stayed with what they know, and make it better, imagine any Treo with today's fast processors, and a decent Web browser, I don't really use the web much on my Treo, but it would be nice when looking up information, or waiting for the wife, yup I am with you. I wrote to HP, not that it would do any good, and expressed a desire for a REAL PDA, based on Palm/Garnet OS.
    Long live Treos.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Hi Terry,

Thanks for responding!!!! Glad someone feels my pain. Sounds like you want to be productive in life, also.

"imagine any Treo with today's fast processors, and a decent Web browser" That is so true.

Have a great day!!!!!

Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    I feel your pain, nothing against WM, I tried it but could not get used to it, I started on Palm, and that is the OS that I love, just recently switched back to the Palm Treo 755p, for exactly the same reasons you mentioned, I have an iPod Touch, an iPhone with out the radio, I tried using it as a PDA, and like you what a joke, I do still use it for what it is good for, wasting time, I can't believe that thing has taken over like it has, Steve Jobs says "You need an I phone" and every body marches in line like Eloi to the slaughter, and every other PDA company tries to beat them, should have just stayed with what they know, and make it better, imagine any Treo with today's fast processors, and a decent Web browser, I don't really use the web much on my Treo, but it would be nice when looking up information, or waiting for the wife, yup I am with you. I wrote to HP, not that it would do any good, and expressed a desire for a REAL PDA, based on Palm/Garnet OS.
    Long live Treos.
    Terry
    I feel your pain
    I think the TREO was the best phone ever from a productivity point of view.
    With HP kicking treo/pre/pixi users to the curb we are now forced to try and find a phone that works like a treo. We then have to try and find apps that let us use all the data we have.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald600 View Post
    I feel your pain
    I think the TREO was the best phone ever from a productivity point of view.
    With HP kicking treo/pre/pixi users to the curb we are now forced to try and find a phone that works like a treo. We then have to try and find apps that let us use all the data we have.
    And good luck with that, there is nothing on the market that regular people can afford that will do what the treos did out of the box, I know there is at least one company, Aceeca that are making a PDA using GarnetOS, I have emaild them a time or two, I know they are pro Garnet/Palm, they are the people who developed the drivers for the 64 bit computers, I am hoping there will be enough interest to get some one interested in building a "new" Treo device.
    Terry