webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps > What's best replacement for Treo Pro?
What's best replacement for Treo Pro?

Old 08/07/2011, 01:55 PM   #1 (permalink)

Hi all. My 2yr old Pro is getting long in the tooth and I'm also unable to find useful apps for WM6.1 and the microUSB port died as well. So I'll be replacing this if I can find something viable. I'm after either Android or WM7 for the OS, so crackberries are out. Their newest has nice features but I don't want the BB OS...

Has anyone heard of any new smartphones that have a good touchscreen AND qwerty? I intensly dislike virtual keyboards, as I enter things by touch when I speed dial people. Can't do that on a pretend key. I use AT&T and would need a GSM phone.

Other than video, which is too tiny to bother with anyway, my Treo Pro has done everything I need it to do. Too many phones out now are either smartphones with NO qwerty or "messaging" phones without the capability the Treo has.

Ideas, anyone?
scubafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2011, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Pre2 or Veer get my vote.
Cantaffordit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2011, 08:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

The Motorola Droid Pro (and the soon-to-be released unlocked GSM Motorola Pro) look interesting...
hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2011, 01:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hockey, I think it might be an option once a GSM version is out, but they are both the same phone, just Verizon vs GSM. The review isn't too bad but who knows when GSM model will arrive?

Motorola Droid Pro Review - Watch CNET's Video Review
Old 08/08/2011, 01:23 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
Pre2 or Veer get my vote.
They both look interesting, but most of the apps I'd like, such as gasbuddy or UPC code readers are only for Android, IOS and WM7...

Don't care about games, etc. I just want some useful utilities.

Thanks for the suggestion though!
Old 09/07/2011, 12:52 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey View Post
The Motorola Droid Pro (and the soon-to-be released unlocked GSM Motorola Pro) look interesting...
I had seen a decent review on Cnet that seemed to say the GSM Droid Pro version would be out by now...

And on Aug31 Mobilegazette.com said "The Motorola PRO+ is an upgraded version of the Motorola PRO, which we suppose is pretty obvious from the name. The thing is that the PRO isn't even out yet, and with an anticipated launch date of October for the PRO+ then it's quite likely that the original PRO will be quietly canned."

It looks VERY interesting since it has the Pro form factor AND The Motorola PRO+ comes with a much larger and more usable screen, a 3.1" 480 x 640 pixel display with Gorilla Glass to protect it.

Does anyone else think this sounds like a worthy replacement for the Winmob 6.1 Treo Pro besides me?

Link:
Motorola PRO+ - Mobile Gazette - Mobile Phone News
Old 09/07/2011, 01:01 AM   #7 (permalink)

I had the motorola xpert for a week and it was horible. Pre2 gets my vote, but win 7 keeps catching my eye.

Last edited by Titan078; 09/07/2011 at 07:34 AM.
Titan078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/03/2012, 06:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Motorola Admiral
Old 10/03/2012, 08:30 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rut Dog View Post
Motorola Admiral
You do realize the last post was over a year ago
My OneDrive referral link: OneDrive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0