webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps > Anyone still using their Treo Pro?
Anyone still using their Treo Pro?
Like Tree1Likes

Old 12/31/2012, 07:54 PM   #61 (permalink)

Looks like a Veer to me.
miles4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2013, 05:13 PM   #62 (permalink)

it is a veer
My OneDrive referral link: OneDrive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2013, 01:04 AM   #63 (permalink)

Curious what you guys are using today.

Sometime in 2013 I will be getting an Admiral -- unless a Blackberry 10 really is all that, or somebody else releases a 4G candybar qwerty.

Old 01/09/2013, 08:27 PM   #64 (permalink)

can we sync information betweenthe treo pro 850 wM and the I amc OSX (10.4.11 version)
txs,
Florida treo user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/02/2013, 01:44 AM   #65 (permalink)

Still in 2013 I'm using my Treo Pro. I use it professionally. I swear by Google Maps. There is even a shareware app for Car2Go that works great.

I have played with so many keyboardless touchscreens to no avail. Even bought and returned a Galaxy S II.

Blackberry Q10? Not sure I'm going to invest in a new phone and contract that doesn't work with Google Maps. I sat down with it in Verizon store, played a bit, was unimpressed.

Motorola Admiral? Possible. Maybe this is still my best bet, because a 3 year old Android should still be more advanced than a 5 year old Treo Pro.

Blackberry Bold 9930? These are expensive used, over $100. If I can get one less I'll try it. Mature device, with in depth user community over at Crackberry. Got to find out if there is a way to get Car2Go.

I miss this forum -- it was still active as late as 2011.

I miss QWERTY.

I miss Palm.

Jon Rubinstein: Validated, but Palm sale to HP was "a waste" | webOS Nation
Old 07/03/2013, 10:37 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida treo user View Post
can we sync information betweenthe treo pro 850 wM and the I amc OSX (10.4.11 version)
txs,
this post deserves its own thread

anyways, since the Treo Pro is a standard Windows Mobile device, one does not simply sync WM with MacOS.

The tool I see the most for that job is this: Sync Windows Mobile to Mac Software - The Missing Sync

Another option is installing Windows on your Mac through one of a variety of ways and installing the official software for syncing.

-------------------------------------------

I've just sold my Treo Pro to a guy, it was a nice device, I liked it, but currently, I would be using an old Android, but the power button is going. So I'm using nothing right now.
My OneDrive referral link: OneDrive
xandros9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/11/2013, 03:23 PM   #67 (permalink)

I'm using it.

I recently got my Treo Pro from ebay. Very good cell phone with many tweaks available, and it's kinda unique here in Brazil. Considering that this phone used to cost nealy US$ 600, to get one for 10% of the original price is great.

Its features are still useful and sometimes up to date.Recently I had an iPhone 4 (overrated), a Lumia 710 (still got it - love the phone), a LG Cookie GT 350 (lack of WiFi kinda killed the phone, but had a great design and eye catch colors), and more recently a gave my Motorola Razr i to my girlfriend. She loves it. Very good phone for a cheap price.

Still, the best of all is the Palm Treo Pro - got it syncing to my windows 8 (email, pictures and videos, musics, documents, etc) using the Windows Mobile Device Center - had to do a bit labor before get the sync to work properly, but now it's all good.

The keyboard is just a bit tricky at start, but you get used to it, and hardware keyboard and buttons are a must have features now for me in any phone. WiFi button is cool, silent switch is great, and the possibility of tweaking the phone system makes it a one of its kind nowadays.

Great quality of calls and music overall, tho my audio jack complains a bit depending on the way i put the headphones on it.

I'm Very happy with the Palm Treo Pro.
Ulisses Braga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/13/2013, 07:00 PM   #68 (permalink)

My wife still uses the Treo Pro I bought her, and she loves it. It just does everything that is needed of a phone (make calls, send text messages, browse the net occasionally) and the QWERTY keyboard is great for text entry.
Michau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/23/2013, 06:31 PM   #69 (permalink)

Ack, my Treo Pro died! It won't start, and I've been lazy: I haven't synced my contacts in a few months.

Does anybody have any experience getting contacts off of a dead Treo Pro?

When I put in the battery, it starts up, but won't display the Today screen. It is unresponsive. But alive enough that when I called it Sprint rang the call through. The phone didn't ring, but it didn't go to voicemail until after 7 rings, as if the phone were working. Then when I took the battery out, it went straight to voicemail.

So I was hoping when I plugged in a sync cable it would detect it, but it hasn't.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0