webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm Windows Mobile Devices & Apps > Anyone still using their Treo Pro?
Anyone still using their Treo Pro?
Like Tree1Likes

Old 08/21/2011, 01:27 AM   #41 (permalink)

Tmair, I'm glad to see someone else that understands that an I-phone, etc is just an "entertainment device" that is for play. A PDA NEEDS A KEYBOARD to quickly enter data for appointments, contacts, etc.

Yes, the Evo's of the world look pretty, but I only use that kind of feature for down time. Most of all I need an organizer to be my "portable brain" for me!
scubafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 10:39 PM   #42 (permalink)

Exactly!!!
It still amazes me that the majority of people who were using PDAs like PalmOS, and WinMo were able to be led astray by the likes of i-Candy, and every iClone that came down the pike, now I think a lot of those guys are wishing they had a "Real" PDA to do their work on, the fact is none of the new devices work as fast and as flawlesly as the Treos did/do.
Terry
Tmair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/21/2011, 11:49 PM   #43 (permalink)

Of course, I don't know where to go from here... It seems no one cares anymore. I've been looking for input in various threads off and on for months but everyone seems happy to replace their ACTUAL smartphone/PDA with playtoys. So, there doesn't look like there will be much choice left besides the Motorola Droid Pro or switching to a (shudder) Blackberry...
scubafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/22/2011, 05:11 PM   #44 (permalink)

Not sure if you can get good used Treo pros from ebay or not, I got me two good referbed 755ps off of ebay a couple of months ago, also it is possible that Sprint, or who ever you are with might have some in stock, I have insurance on my Treo, I was in the sprint store about a month ago and asked them what would happen if I needed a replacement, he looked on the computer and told me they still had several in the warehouse, and if they ran out of 755s they would replace with an 800, I think I would check.
Terry
Old 08/30/2011, 07:07 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
Not sure if you can get good used Treo pros from ebay or not
I don't think the supply of good used Treo Pros -- or for that matter, Centros -- will be exhausted anytime soon.

I say this having been a behind the curve adopter all along, and purchasing 10 or more eBay/Craigslist phones:
  • kept the Kyocera 6035 running for 5 years (at least 6 units -- it wasn't that hardy -- all replacements found on eBay for well under $50),
  • moved to the discontinued SPH i500, at least 2 units over 3 years,
  • Centro (free from Sprint, late in model life)
  • Treo Pro (after being discontinued, I bought 2, one on eBay, one on Craigslist, 6 months ago)
Old 08/30/2011, 07:08 PM   #46 (permalink)

Funny thing happened in rental car shuttle last week. Guy says, "OMG, I didn't know anybody else used that phone!" And he showed me his Treo Pro.

I quickly sang it's praises and asked him if he knew of the forums. He looked at me like I was crazy. "Are you kidding me? I can't wait to get rid of this POS, but my employer won't get me an upgrade."

I tried again, saying that it is rough out of the box, but there is a wealth of knowledge on the forums, with most problems solved.

He really seemed to think there was something wrong with me. LOL ... what happens in Vegas!

Last edited by Rut Dog; 08/31/2011 at 01:26 AM.
Rut Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2011, 10:41 PM   #47 (permalink)

That's funny, about a month ago I was scouting a location for a photo shoot, the guy that took care of the grounds pulled out his phone, a Treo 700p, he made an excuse for using such an old phone, but told me that it just worked so good that he hated to get rid of it, I pulled out my 755p and we talked about how great they are, I told him about ebay, I hope he was able to get a good replacement.
Terry
Old 08/31/2011, 12:18 PM   #48 (permalink)

I was still using mine up until about 2 months ago. Im still keeping it as a back up phone I love it and it looks better than brand new black berrys
cristobal313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/22/2011, 10:41 PM   #49 (permalink)

Still using my TP, with a little work from the folks at PPCGeeks. Going back to the OP, I have a Spring legacy plan, so no Android/WebOS w/o doubling my plan cost, but the TP basically does what I need to do. Well, aside from WiFirouter being unable to tether to my Touchpad.
bruinhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/14/2011, 01:48 PM   #50 (permalink)

Yes, trying to. Getting so dang sluggish.
wilme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/12/2012, 07:06 AM   #51 (permalink)

Still truckin.
Old 12/27/2012, 12:44 PM   #52 (permalink)

I had a Sprint Treo Pro using Boost Mobile and was the longest I ever kept a phone. When I went to Page Plus, I decided that the Android was the way to go. I wear my phone on my belt at all times, so I quickly found out that the newer smartphones are BULKY! I currently have a Droid X, for my line of work its too big.

So, I bought a Verizon Treo Pro off of ebay, in good condition and clear ESN for a grand total of $20.00 including shipping. I also bought a Otterbox Defender belt clip for $22.00 (the case is more expensive than the phone!) and a new battery ($9, figured the original is close to being dead). For a grand total of $50.00, I have a nicely setup Treo Pro.

Now that Windows Mobile 6.1 doesn't have an app store, I will be on the hunt for some useful apps. I am not a big app person but I am sure there is a few that make the phone work better. Email is the most important to me and it worked good on my Sprint Treo.
CometGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/27/2012, 04:40 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometGSR View Post
I had a Sprint Treo Pro using Boost Mobile and was the longest I ever kept a phone. When I went to Page Plus, I decided that the Android was the way to go. I wear my phone on my belt at all times, so I quickly found out that the newer smartphones are BULKY! I currently have a Droid X, for my line of work its too big.

So, I bought a Verizon Treo Pro off of ebay, in good condition and clear ESN for a grand total of $20.00 including shipping. I also bought a Otterbox Defender belt clip for $22.00 (the case is more expensive than the phone!) and a new battery ($9, figured the original is close to being dead). For a grand total of $50.00, I have a nicely setup Treo Pro.

Now that Windows Mobile 6.1 doesn't have an app store, I will be on the hunt for some useful apps. I am not a big app person but I am sure there is a few that make the phone work better. Email is the most important to me and it worked good on my Sprint Treo.
Welcome Home! lol

Opera Mini is essential for browsing
Meon is the best game

Along with Opera comes an active app store
Most links in most threads for download apps still work
Feel free to post and PM me to bring attention to the post, i'll contribute as I can

Although I may get an iPhone or Android in May. Until then, I'm Treo Pro, though I still play with my Centro sometimes.
Old 12/27/2012, 09:52 PM   #54 (permalink)

Cool! I appreciate the help very much! The Treo Alert Pro looks interesting, I will be installing that along with Opera Mini and Facebook apps. I hear that the CDMA has a better processor, I am looking forward to seeing the performance increase. It looks like the Verizon model is a bit rare to own.

Yeah, welcome home indeed!
Old 12/28/2012, 02:17 AM   #55 (permalink)

Facebook apps for WinMo are crap (unless you've found one I haven't seen) but m.facebook.com works quite well in Opera Mini.
Old 12/28/2012, 05:28 AM   #56 (permalink)

You guys think you're behind the times? :P Today I got this email in my inbox:

Quote:
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2012 20:07:11 GMT
To: [email*****dg@xcomufo.com[/email]
Subject: admins for the login information

request access to download from SonyClie.org's FTP site
A user of both Handspring Visor, and Sony Clie SJ22/33
I just started to learn about these devices
and hope o add your files to my collection.
Thank you for considering this
ken.

Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 01/09/2013 at 09:39 PM.
micahdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Rut Dog likes this.
Old 12/28/2012, 09:05 AM   #57 (permalink)

Its nice that you keep a website with the old stuff still there. It is very useful that it has all its links intact. My In-Laws use a Tungston E as a searchable database for their book collection. He uses it every week and thinks its the coolest thing ever.

I don't remember the FB app being bad but it was some time ago. If its enough to put a status up, I am good with it.

I will get some pics of its current condition when it arrives.
Old 12/31/2012, 06:51 PM   #58 (permalink)

Got the phone! Looks nice for $20.00 shipped! I was happy it appears to be a real Verizon phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3221.jpg (79.4 KB, 11 views) Email Attachment
Old 12/31/2012, 07:18 PM   #59 (permalink)

Hehe... so there's one Verizon and one on Sprint (mine).

There is a Pandora app that works pretty darn good. Apply the regedit fix that modifies a network programming bug.

And for that matter, the regedits .CAB style thread is really helpful. As a Sprint customer, I *need* the ability to force roaming (read: jump over to the Verizon network) which is one of the many little things editable in the registry, implemented via .CAB in that thread.

Happy New Year!
Old 12/31/2012, 07:23 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by micahdg View Post
You guys think you're behind the times? :P Today I got this email in my inbox:
LOL micah... and btw what is the last phone in your sig? .......... Over here............ after all the dead Pres

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0