Hello all,

My STP comes to an almost complete freeze whenever I start SMS. My SMS seems to show 1727K in size when I look at my memory. Is this too full?

I've tried clearing my SMS with the "Tools" on the SMS Menu on the phone, and I get the colored spinning "windows" wheel for HOURS, but the phone is unable to clear its text messages.

How do I empty the SMS file? Can I do it on my computer, since my phone seems unable to clear the SMS.

Thanks for your help!
    I've found that it's easier to delete the text messages if threaded mode is turned off. Be sure to make a backup of your phone in case something goes wrong before doing the following steps below:

1) Completely exit (don't just click on the OK button) the Messaging App. Use the Task Manager to confirm that the application and process have been terminated.

2) Using a Registry editor, modify the following value:
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

from 0 to 1.

3) Open up the Messaging App and go to where your text messages are. You'll now see them all unthreaded. Use your finger/stylus to select the ones you want to delete, and this time the process should go a lot faster. Be sure to empty out all the deleted messages via Menu/Tools/Empty Deleted Items, or otherwise they'll continue to take up space on your phone.

To re-enabled threaded messaging, simply follow steps 1 and 2, and change back the value of SMSInboxThreadingDisabled from 1 to 0.
    Thanks, Hockey!

Ca va, la?