1.    #1  
    Hi all a headline to grab attention - well maybe not.

I've been using palm products since the early 90s and pretty happy with them until the Pro....

I purchased one in April 2009 and it was replaced in November 2009 due to calls going straight to message bank. This was then replaced again in April 2010 due to a series of problems.

Guess what I started to have another issue with calls going to message bank around a month ago. Palms answer - borrow someones sim to see if it's not the carrier (Helstra). I did this and proved it was not the carrier but put up with the problem as we were on holidays. Earlier this week the pro decided it was not going to start up. Rang palm and went through the usual overnight charging both via mains and usb. Palms answer this morning borrow or buy a battery to see if this is the problem and send it in to get fixed at a minimum cost of $250.

Well that is about the last straw and it's now off to get a reliable non palm phone (HTC I think) which is disappointing as I do like the size and functionality of the pro but it's just a piece of ****e.

I'm not sure if others agree that they have gone down hill in a big way in recent times.

Cheers from Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by aa081 View Post
    ...Well that is about the last straw and it's now off to get a reliable non palm phone (HTC I think) which is disappointing as I do like the size and functionality of the pro but it's just a piece of ****e.
    (snip)
    ...you DO realize that the Palm Treo Pro is manufactured for Palm BY HTC, right?

Right?

The Palm Treo Pro is simply a HTC co-developed device with Palm branding and Palm-specific software 'tweaks'. HTC even has the equivalent of a Treo Pro out under their own branding, with just enough physical layout changes to not identify it as a Treo Pro.

Some GSM Treo Pros has been identified by users as having the problem you discussed - ignoring calls when under low or poor reception. Anyway, it sounds like you have had a string of bad experiences with the Treo Pro so I would recommend a switch to another device. Since HTC makes the Treo Pro...YMMV with another HTC device (regarding hardware reliability, regardless of the reception issue) so maybe looking at another company's options should also be in the mix.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dinoSnake View Post
    ...you DO realize that the Palm Treo Pro is manufactured for Palm BY HTC, right?

I knew that:-)

The Palm Treo Pro is simply a HTC co-developed device with Palm branding and Palm-specific software 'tweaks'. HTC even has the equivalent of a Treo Pro out under their own branding, with just enough physical layout changes to not identify it as a Treo Pro.

I didn't know that.....Which model HTC are you referring to???
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    I used to think the same thing about the Treo Pro. Granted, it is WM so it has its fair share of bugs, and may need a hard reset if its really screwed up.

I had the problem of missing calls, too. It's a known issue and I can't believe Palm didn't mention it to you. There's a thread in the sticky about the Sprint no ringer issue... however, as far as I understand, it happens to ALL Treo Pros, as mine is the CDMA Alltel version and I was subjected to the extreme annoyance of missing calls for months, until I finally found the cab fix buried on Palm's site. Voila! I love my phone all over again.

Maybe it is time for a new phone, or maybe yours can be fixed. I must say that nearly all of my qualms with this phone have been corrected with:

- A hard reset after months of use
    - Palm's 'no ringer' fix
    - Opera Mobile 10 (never use the included IE!)
    - use task manager and close things often... the phone actually can be fast!
    - Regedits! Just to tweak alot of little thing, thanks to the community and info here
    - Seidio 3600mAh extended battery (optional)

Give some of the above a try, and hang out here some more! There's plenty of small people who know how to get the most out of these devices.