Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I have posted this question/problem in the Treo 750 forum but begging indulgence to also post here on the assumption that many here will have had a Treo 750 in the past and may know a solution to my problem.

By necessity I have to carry 2 mobiles...a Palm Pro and a Palm Treo 750 on 2 different carriers.

The other day I had to do a Hard Reset of the WM6 Treo 750.

Tonight I've just discovered that all the programs have disappeared ......

Is there a way to recover the programs?

There were no extra programs installed other than what came with the Treo when it was purchased a couple of years ago from my carrier.

Thanks I appreciate any help offered.
    Last edited by bille; 07/11/2010 at 10:18 AM.
    Treo 750 WM6.0 + Treo Pro WM6.1
    Carrier:Telstra Australia NextG (3G).
    A HR will wipe your device of all apps that aren't in ROM.
    Are you saying you also lost the Preinstalled apps?
    What apps are you needing? Maybe we can point you to the cabs.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    A HR will wipe your device of all apps that aren't in ROM.
    Are you saying you also lost the Preinstalled apps?
    What apps are you needing? Maybe we can point you to the cabs.
    Thanks for the reply berdinkerdickle....When I hard reset the Treo it wiped the Program screen clean...I wasn't aware until I tried to sync the Treo to the computer a few hours later... and message popped up saying there was a problem with Activesync, so I thought I'll just do a restore but there was just blank screen on the program screen, I removed and refitted the battery made no difference so I removed the battery and posted my problem here, I backup every second night to Sprite but because the programs (Sprite included) have disappeared I can't do a restore either.

I've done resets both hard and soft over the past couple of years without any problems.

Now if I refit the battery it won't boot past the 'Palm' splash screen.

This experience makes me pretty apprehensive of ever doing a hard reset on my Pro.
    Last edited by bille; 07/14/2010 at 02:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bille View Post
    Now if I refit the battery it won't boot past the 'Palm' splash screen.

This experience makes me pretty apprehensive of ever doing a hard reset on my Pro.
    You mentioned that the 750 was WM6. Phonescoop lists it as WM 5.2. Did you upgrade the OS or do a custom WM6 ROM? Either one might contribute to your problem. So could ailing hardware.

The Treo Pro isn't that old. Mine was my only phone till I got a terrific offer to get a Tilt2. My eyes like it. And my tendency to push the limits likes the added storage & program space capacity on the phone. But, because I like some of the features on the Treo Pro, I switch my sim card into it, once in awhile, & alternate phones. The Treo Pro is a good phone, has WM 6.1 standard rather than as an upgrade & it's not that old a phone. I wouldn't worry about hard resets yet.
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    You mentioned that the 750 was WM6. Phonescoop lists it as WM 5.2. Did you upgrade the OS or do a custom WM6 ROM? Either one might contribute to your problem. So could ailing hardware.

The Treo Pro isn't that old. Mine was my only phone till I got a terrific offer to get a Tilt2. My eyes like it. And my tendency to push the limits likes the added storage & program space capacity on the phone. But, because I like some of the features on the Treo Pro, I switch my sim card into it, once in awhile, & alternate phones. The Treo Pro is a good phone, has WM 6.1 standard rather than as an upgrade & it's not that old a phone. I wouldn't worry about hard resets yet.
    The Treo 750 was sold in Australia with WM 6 already loaded from about December 2007, before that it was WM 5.*.

The Pro has always been WM 6.1 though I know of someone who upgraded to WM 6.5....I like the Pro does everything I want.

Unless HP/Palm do something about marketing and developing a presence in Australia again they will go the way of the mammoth..Pity really because there are a lot of Palm fans here but no product, accessories or support.

Most people are like myself hanging in there with Palm or moving to the BB 9700 which is an impressive phone but I like the Palm combination of a Querty KB, touch screen, the ability to open Notes and just hand write/draw on the screen with the stylus is great.

If HP/Palm released a Pro with a more powerful CPU and a screen as good as the BB 9700 they would have a BB killer.