Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I played with an Evo.
    I played with a Pre.

I just can't figure.
    I know I'm older, and learning new things may be more difficult, but really...
    I really so much prefer the Treo Form Factor.

I just can't bring myself to move on.
    I know this forum is pretty much a ghost town, but I still love my Treo Pro.

"You give me all I need" - Scorpions
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I love my Treo Pro, too. BUT, I don't think I'll hesitate to get my EVO.

And, I'll pass on my Treo Pro to my wife, which means I'll still be using it and fixing/tweaking/updating it anyhow.
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    The Pre for me is a definite no and I keep looking at the Evo but I just cant let WM go!!! There is just to many things you can do/hack with it I think im moving on to the Touch Pro 2 so if any one want s to buy my treo pro ill get rid of it... God I hate saying that...
    agreed.
    not me...

For the longest time i would pick Treo over any phone out there (I've had sprint for 10 years now). I've gone through a lot of phone. I would always recommend the Treo to people.

Until just the other day I have never had any HTC phone on sprint though. I'm proud to say I would NEVER go back. The difference is huge!!!!!!! I do admit you have to get used to not having actual keys, but other than that the EVO is the best phone I have ever had in my hands. Even compared to friends iPhones. Same setup pretty much, and the Android system is easy to figure out and super fast. Has a 1 Ghz processor.

I have to carry around a cable to plug in all day cause I refuse to put it down and stop using it. No More downloading CAB files or messing with Windows stuff. I would NEVER go back, not even if you paid me.

I know I sound like I'm going overboard here, but I really believe strongly about this phone. It hasn't let me down once. And keeps impressing me everyday with the more i figure out it does and the more apps I get on it.

PS. I will probably not be back on this forum since I don't have a Palm anymore =( - So thanks for all the help I received from this place!
  6.    #6  
    You don't have to leave. Stay in the family:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/
    Just call me Berd.
  7. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Still rocking the Treo Pro. I am waiting on the HTC Trophy if it ever shows up.
    I hate to admit...but I'm seriously considering the IP4 when I return to the states this summer AND my 1yr old barely used GSM TP will prob be up for sale...
    Iphone. Gag.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    I've got my Treo Pro with SPB mobile shell all tweaked out just the way I like it. Until next week when I change it all again. New phone? Hell no!
    If it weren't for the travesty that is WP7, I'd stick with WM...

As it is now, I'm trying out Android and, for the most part, liking it.

We'll see, I guess...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  12. CDG
    Global Posts
    2,003 Global Posts
    I did go away from WM and Treo Pro to a BB 9700, but I still visit here as you can see.

I don't have any regrets as such but I loved my GTP as I did my Treo 750 prior to that and miss them from time to time, specially the GTP.

I have been thinking of picking another GTP up a backup device.
    Last edited by charlyee; 06/13/2010 at 08:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I love my Treo Pro as well Berd, but I soo wanna flash it to WM 6.5 or something to give it 'new life'. The only other phone that interests me in the slightest is the new WM7 phone Dell has been cooking up for some time, I heard news of Dell and smartphones years back when they removed their Axim lineup of PDA's.
    AT&T Treo Pro WM6.1 with 8GB microSDHC | Treo 750 WM6.1 with 4GB miniSDHC | Samsung Epix ... needs a better OS, too buggy!
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Go over to the ppcgeeks.com TP forum and try one of the new 6.5.x ROMS. I've been using IconROM and I love it. There's also a bunch of RaiderROM's that look really good. (And, he seems to be the major chef there these days.)
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by XenaWP View Post
    Iphone. Gag.
    I know, I know!

I think I've covered all the expressions!

As you can tell, I don't post much but I read a lot and research looong! I just bought my GTP last summer while on stateside leave. Perhaps I'll hold on since I don't even use its full potential overseas. I do love the size, form factor, and physical keyboard but the volume cab sux as it's not loud enough (for me) on airplane/traveling like the 650 and other Palm devices (I guess). 650 was my first.

What I do like in the IP4 is the AIO device and simplicity. One example is while playing w/my son's ITouch I liked how I can sync Podcasts for later listening/viewing (Today Show, NBC News, Mixtape Ministries etc). I guess I can prob do same w/the TP but it might require manual intervention (dl and save to mem card = extra work). All in all, extra work to get the device in the "sweet spot" is the norm. For the 650, I bought Ptunes-music, Chapura-office suite look/feel..mainly calendar, Butler & Volume Care-function.

Then, while I can't justify it, I'd like an IPad for reading and web surfing - both limited and casual. The IP4 would do that plus more....buuut I am listening/waiting/reviewing for an alternative i.e. HTC EVO or Incredible or something else?? I do have tad bit of rebellion against restrictions (Apple)!
    Quote Originally Posted by gdharvey View Post
    but the volume cab sux as it's not loud enough (for me) on airplane/traveling like the 650 and other Palm devices (I guess).
    Just grab yourself a copy of SRS WOWHD to boost your Treo Pro's volume. I boosted my volume settings so much that I actually keep the main volume rocker down a bit -- otherwise, the phone is too loud!
    Quote Originally Posted by hockey View Post
    Just grab yourself a copy of SRS WOWHD to boost your Treo Pro's volume. I boosted my volume settings so much that I actually keep the main volume rocker down a bit -- otherwise, the phone is too loud!
    yeah I forgot to mention I tried that to no avail....AND read some of the "it's now too loud" posts but I'm in the other crowd not experiencing that.
  18.    #18  
    There's also some files that boost the call volume. Is your concern media listening or on call headset volume?
  19.    #19  
    audioparam files.
    There's a link to the thread in the sticky above.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    There's also some files that boost the call volume. Is your concern media listening or on call headset volume?
    media. I place/recieve too few calls to own or even know about headsets and volume!

UPDATE: I did go back to the weak volume post and after re-reading, wonder if the diff is using other music/media program(s) other than what's on it (Win Media Player)...which I'm doing.
    Last edited by gdharvey; 06/14/2010 at 01:36 PM. Reason: added more info
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast