Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    About every 10 minutes for the past 24 hours, my Sprint Treo Pro displays an error message in a window labeled Phone...the message reads "Memory shortage. Please delete existing messages". Very strange...any suggestion on a cause? My memory indicates 221.39mb free Storage and 31.09mb free Program. Thanks, Paul
    sounds like you need to delete some text/mms messages. thats one thing good to stay on top of, the phone really slows down if there are a lot of either.
    But, ooxteme, why would it slow down with all that free memory? I've noticed slower sorts and searches when I have accumulated hundreds of messages, but have never seen these error messages or noticed other slowdowns.

BTW, Paul, you said nothing about a slowdown. Did you install any new apps? Bluetooth installs? Did you try a soft reset?
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Thanks ooxteme...I did delete hundreds of messages, but that did not resolve the "memory shortage" issue. However, that is likely a good practice to apply some limit on saved messages. And no Rodolfo, I did not experience any slowdown at all...however, just before the issue developed, I did try using the recently installed Microsoft MyPhone app on the device to upload an image to FB. I dont think it went well and somehow may have created a corrupt file...I was also occasionally getting a message that my upload was being saved to drafts (however my drafts folder was empty). And yes, I did a few soft resets, but ultimately pulled the trigger on a hard reset. (As I'm sure it is with most anyone with very much customization of the device, I HATE doing that) But, Sprite restored perfectly, issue is gone, and all is well...thanks for your help.
    Remember something important:

When you 'delete' a message from SMS it does NOT clear it out from memory - like Windows for the desktop, when you 'delete' a message it gets moved to the Deleted folder. You must empty out the Deleted folder in order to truly delete the items from the device.
    And you have some auto-empty options under Menu/tools/options/storage tab.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.