Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I installed the latest version of Bing on my unlocked GSM Treo Pro. So far everything works even though this is not cleared or approved or whatever for the Pro. No problem using voice commands, it is nice having turn by turn instructions with audio on the maps, and it seems to do a good job searching for addresses stores etc near my location. The GPS works fine, seems quick to find me....This may delay my getting the Pre when it comes out on AT&T as I don't know what else I need my phone to do. (I guess a better camera with flash would be nice...)
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    I'm guessing you mean Live Search that uses Bing. i just installed the new version myself on my STP and it's worked very well since the last version. I've found the gas prices search very handy.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    The latest version is giving me trouble. I'm not sure if it's because I use RealVGA or what.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    I've read elsewhere that RealVGA and the new Bing do not play well together.
    The turn by turn navigation is working well on my Treo Pro with 6.5 ROM. (Icongene ROM)
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    The latest version is giving me trouble. I'm not sure if it's because I use RealVGA or what.

Ya it will not run right unless you go back to 128dpi then install the update and then go back to 96dpi
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I installed the newest version on my Samsung intrepid and it told me the device was not supported and then shut down, so good for you guys.
    Does the STP have a vga screen or qvga, the samsung is qvga and I am wondering if this is the problem, you would think Microsoft would make this app to work on all of their operationg systems.
    Terry
    Its not a os prob. its a screen size issue
    Quote Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
    Ya it will not run right unless you go back to 128dpi then install the update and then go back to 96dpi
    That's how I got it to install in the first place. It wouldn't install while in 96dpi. Once installed, it runs fine in 128, but continues to crash when I switch back to 96.

Oh well,
    I'm fine just using the previous version.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    That's how I got it to install in the first place. It wouldn't install while in 96dpi. Once installed, it runs fine in 128, but continues to crash when I switch back to 96.

Oh well,
    I'm fine just using the previous version.

Check this out: Bing! Navigation? - PPCGeeks

Edit: Just installed in 128 and then ran Bing then switched to 96dpi.

Edit #2: Nevermind its now telling me my device is not supported
    Last edited by ooxteme; 05/19/2010 at 02:45 PM.
    Bing now works with RealVGA in 96dpi CHECK IT OUT AND MAKE SURE YOU GIVE THANKS!!!!!! Bing! Navigation? - Page 2 - PPCGeeks

post #11
    Thanks,

I'll try it later this eve.
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I just went to the thread listed above, followed the instructions on my Samsung Intrepid, it works just fine a near as I can tell, I am home so have not been able to try it in the car.
    Anyway Thanks for the link.
    Terry