1.    #1  
    I searched this forum, but was not able to find any recommended commercial applications that play radio stations that have their audio streams on the internet. More and more stations use "flash", and unfortunately neither IE on my Treo 800w (wm 6.1) nor the Skyfire browser deal very well with those. "TheStreamCenter.com" has direct links to thousands of stations, however, the Treo 800w prompts to download instead of just playing these streams. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by natifnatal View Post
    I searched this forum, but was not able to find any recommended commercial applications that play radio stations that have their audio streams on the internet. More and more stations use "flash", and unfortunately neither IE on my Treo 800w (wm 6.1) nor the Skyfire browser deal very well with those. "TheStreamCenter.com" has direct links to thousands of stations, however, the Treo 800w prompts to download instead of just playing these streams. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.
    I used Pocket Tunes when I was stuck with the 800w. It worked pretty well but with the battery eating caveat.
    Have you looked at PDATuner. It does radio, has thousands of stations & can be had for as little as $10 (a one time license fee), depending on where you buy.

If you want internet radio stations, there's Shoutcast & Live365. Live365 has its own WM app available, both are also available via KinomaPlay. It's been long enough since I've tried it that I don't recall if both (or even either) are available in the free version. And, with the ads & interruptions in free Live365, you're likely to be happier with the paid version.

If you like satellite radio, there are free apps available at xda-developers.com, but you'll need a paid subscription to the streamed version of XM or Sirius (about $13 if you don't have a subscribed radio, $3 if you do).
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2