Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I tried the hard to find Barnes and Noble ebook application for Windows Mobile, and while it did install, and I was able to open a book that I bought, I was unable to turn any pages. Basically after opening the book it froze, responding only to pushing "ok" and closing the program. This is a drag as the book I wanted was only available at the Barnes and Noble store, not at ereader or Amazon... Hope they release the WM version for real, but in the meantime, don't waste you money buying a book to read with this reader as it will quit at the very end....
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdoc View Post
    I tried the hard to find Barnes and Noble ebook application for Windows Mobile, and while it did install, and I was able to open a book that I bought, I was unable to turn any pages. Basically after opening the book it froze, responding only to pushing "ok" and closing the program. This is a drag as the book I wanted was only available at the Barnes and Noble store, not at ereader or Amazon... Hope they release the WM version for real, but in the meantime, don't waste you money buying a book to read with this reader as it will quit at the very end....
    Before you give up, go back to wherever you got the software is compatible withe a 320x320 SQVGA screen. If it says it is, then make sure you have the version that is. Sometimes, a noncompatible version of a particular app will look right, but lose some functionality. That may or may not be the case, here. But it's worth checking before giving up.
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    So the reader from eReader wont open the book? Barnes and Nobel owns eReader. That surprises me.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Ok I just downloaded an ebook from Barnes and Noble and opened it with the eReader from eReader.com it opened just fine, I have used this reader on different devices, so I don't think it will make a difference if the screen is sqvga or qvga.
    Terry
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair View Post
    Ok I just downloaded an ebook from Barnes and Noble and opened it with the eReader from eReader.com it opened just fine, I have used this reader on different devices, so I don't think it will make a difference if the screen is sqvga or qvga.
    Terry
    I have it working with ereader as well, by getting the pdb book file from my PC and copying it to the ereader folder (peanut press in my documents on my storage card) I am able to open the book the usual way, with my name and credit card number. This won't work if you buy the book and download it to your Treo using the Barnes and Noble reader. I'm just glad to be able to get this book. It isn't available in the ereader store...
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    where did you find the barnes and noble ereader?
    Thanks
    Terry
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    The Barnes and Noble application can be found here: http://images.barnesandnoble.com/PRe...r_1.0.0.27.CAB
    I think it is meant for the HTC HD2 however. It doesn't work on the Treo Pro. I was able to shop and buy books, but I couldn't read the book when I downloaded it directly onto my Treo Pro. I had to use my PC to download the book from the Barnes and Noble application, then copy it to the Treo and open it using the ereader. (You simply need the name and credit card number registered at the Barnes and Noble store.) I've been using the ereader pro application for years, which may be found at [url=http://www.ereader.com]
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Thanks I have been using the ereader app since it came out for Palm, I just wanted to see what the B&N reader looked like, 2.4Mgs it better cool
    Terry