1.    #1  
    Does anyone know how to tether my treo pro as a modem? I did try the icscab file a while back and it worked for a few weeks, but now, my phone just says connecting and doesnt seem to connect? Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas how to fix the problem?
    do a search for "the real internet sharing fix"
    pdanet
    Do a search, on this site fir internet sharing. This question was just answered several days ago, in a new thread. All I'll say is that "internet sharing" & "tethering" are the same subject.
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2
    Quote Originally Posted by holmesnmanny View Post
    pdanet
    WMWifiRouter

it blows pdanet away.
    pdanet allows you to tether your phone as a modem for a computer so that you don't have to pay Sprint extra for internet sharing access.

I'm not aware that you can use WMWifiRouter as a modem without purchasing an additional plan.

As it stands right now, I pay 69.95 for an "everything data" plan. If WMWifiRouter can be used without paying extra for a Sprint Internet Sharing plan, I'd love to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by ericdag View Post
    WMWifiRouter

it blows pdanet away.

X2!!!!!

and i never had to have a different plan to use wifirouter
    Sounds good, I think I'll give it a try.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmesnmanny View Post
    Sounds good, I think I'll give it a try.
    Which "it"? Just remember that YMMV definitely applies. Those who love WMWifiRouter have never seemed to have a problem with it. I've tried it on several different phones, with no success. Never got the ICS that comes on the unlocked Treo Pro to work, either. But PDANet has installed & run well on several phones, no tweaking necessary. So, try ICS first, since it's free. If you get that working, you won't need anything else. If it doesn't work for you, then try the other two. One or the other should work fine.
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Which "it"? Just remember that YMMV definitely applies. Those who love WMWifiRouter have never seemed to have a problem with it. I've tried it on several different phones, with no success. Never got the ICS that comes on the unlocked Treo Pro to work, either. But PDANet has installed & run well on several phones, no tweaking necessary. So, try ICS first, since it's free. If you get that working, you won't need anything else. If it doesn't work for you, then try the other two. One or the other should work fine.
    With Sprint, you can't use ICS without getting a special plan with it. I initially had tried it but realized that Sprint was gonna try to get me to pay an arm and a leg to get a weaker plan in order to us ICS so then I just did some research and found that pdanet works for tethering your phone as a modem with a laptop and stuff. I see now that WMWifirouter costs lol so I think that since I don't really need to make a wifi connection with my phone since I never am in a position to need to I'll just use pdanet. If I ever need to make a few connections, I will test it out. But for now, I'm fine with pdanet when I need to tether my phone as modem when I can't get a connection where I'm at when I got my laptop. Keep in mind that it really is against Sprint's so-called rules since I'm getting around their requirement to change my plan to use my phone as a modem, but as long as I don't try to host a server or anything like that that will require a ridiculous amount of data usage they won't really have a way to prove that I'm using my phone as a modem with pdanet.
    Last edited by holmesnmanny; 04/13/2010 at 02:03 PM.
    wifirouter give you a free trial see how it works for ya if not go with pdanet or if you computer supports bluetooth you can do it that way but like a said try this first http://discussion.treocentral.com/tr...aring-fix.html but make sure you navigate in file explorer to Windows/startup/ then delete the HTC_CM GUARDIAN. That lil bugger will keep replacing your reg edits as you edit them
    I am a little late to this thread, but I wanted to clear up some misinformation about wmwifirouter.
    I use it with Sprint once in a while and have never been billed extra.
    The trick is in the setup of the program. When installing wmwifirouter there is one point where you have to change "Phone as Modem" to "Power Vision".
    WMWifirouter works very nicely on my STP's Power Vision plan -at least anything short of streaming video which does balk, although I haven't tested it much because I don't expect or need that when tethering.

All you need is the cab file that installs on your phone and it will find and connect to your discover-ready notebook the way your notebook finds and connects with your router. You do have to buy it to use it beyond the 21-day trial period. One day was enough for me; it may be my best software bargain. Good luck!
    Last edited by Rodolfo; 05/18/2010 at 07:41 AM.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    This morning's post is from my Vaio T350 via a WMWifirouter-enabled Network Wireless Connection, with the status window showing 4-5 bars and the taskbar icon reading mostly very good and sometimes excellent. I just tested the connection by launching a second IE window and accessing a Carlos Vives video: Perfect. Cheers!

Edit disclaimer: do take your power cords because the excellent connection does draw a lot of power -and the Treo runs warmer than usual. Not very green, but still nice when you need it.
    Last edited by Rodolfo; 05/18/2010 at 07:43 AM.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.