1.    #1  
    Well...after 3 mos. of daily use on both a Pixi & Pre...I'm back to a Treo Pro. I gotta say, I'm happy to be back.

Its taken a couple days of tweaking to get it running the way I want it to, but once its dialed in...its rock solid. Exactly how a phone should be.

I won't say anything bad about Palm's new offerings, only that it wasn't right for me...right now.
    Re vera, potas bene.
    I don't know how you can tell a person "It's a Pixi." Not only does Palm need better quality devices but the names are horrible. Thank God the Treo Pro is made by HTC. I still have a Treo Pro, Touch Pro and Curve. Iget bored easily.

Welcome back.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Any thoughts on the new HTC EVO™ 4G?
    Treo 700P : Sprint Treo Pro since March 09
  4.    #4  
    I have to say, now that I've got it configured to work like I'm used to...it really is a great phone. I'm so glad to be back using it. I toyed with upgrading to 6.5, but honestly, I'm happy with it just like it is.
    Re vera, potas bene.
    Agree with the Pro being a solid phone.

After youve tweaked it, the phone works as it should. I also tried messing around with 6.5, but it was always something not working properly. No ringer, no BT, no treo alerts (LED), no themes...

So i went back to 6.1 with SPB 3.5 and some SPB mods from xda.

Couldnt be any happier.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turbulent View Post
    Agree with the Pro being a solid phone.

After youve tweaked it, the phone works as it should. I also tried messing around with 6.5, but it was always something not working properly. No ringer, no BT, no treo alerts (LED), no themes...

So i went back to 6.1 with SPB 3.5 and some SPB mods from xda.

Couldnt be any happier.
    Can you post some screenshots of your Spb Mods (or, post a link to the thread and some recommendations for the Treo Pro that you like)?

Thanks!
    Palm III -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Dell Axim X5 Advanced -> Dell Axim X3i -> Dell Axim X50v -> Cingular 8125 -> Sprint Palm Treo 700Wx -> ->Palm Treo 700P (my wife's but I played with it ) -> Sprint Mogul -> Treo 800w -> Touch Pro & Treo Pro.
  7.    #7  
    x2

I'm running spb 3.5 also, curious on the tweaks I'm missing out on.
    Re vera, potas bene.
    Quote Originally Posted by dorelse View Post
    I have to say, now that I've got it configured to work like I'm used to...it really is a great phone. I'm so glad to be back using it. I toyed with upgrading to 6.5, but honestly, I'm happy with it just like it is.
    It really is a shame.
    Palm got it so right with this one.
    Just too late for many.

Everything works, and always works.
    Just call me Berd.
    I wholeheartedly agree. A few minor quirks, but this is the best phone I've ever had by far. I really wish Palm would go back to making Windows Mobile phones. I normally switch phones annually, but Palm got it so right with this one.
    You guys got it so right. I absolutely love my Treo Pro like it's another me. Especially since I've been using Opera Mobile 10.

Palm had it so right with Windows Mobile. It's too bad they're wasting so much money on a competitor OS when they could just be doing what Microsoft refuses to do, support mobile web browsing to perfection utilizing constant user feedback.
    . if you go to the XDA forum you can download themes and widgets for SPB. Search SPB 3.5 and you should be able to see a few links. Of course, most of the themes arent made for 320x320 screens.

[UTIL] SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 [Tricks, Widgets, Themes, Other, FAQ, Config] - xda-developers

This is the link

pro elegance lets you do some background and launcher customization
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by turbulent; 04/09/2010 at 03:15 PM.