1.    #1  
    I just got my treo pro from Palm as a replacement. this is GSM unlock Palm Treo Pro. Palm said it is a brand new one .......
    I have a hard time to get the GPS to work with google map or TomTom7 or IGuidance 4. I can't get the GPS signal to lock. I set external GPS (program= COM4, hardware = none and 4800, and check manage GPS Automatically).
    I have tried in that last 3-4 days... connect my Treo Pro to Wi-Fi, download the latest quickgps data and stand out side my house in a clear sky view for 30-45 min ... but no luck with google map (use GPS), TomTom7 or IGuidance4.
    I also installed GPStest and GPSviewer .... it say COM4= GPS found in GPSviewer but when I tab in the GPS status and wait for 30min but i can't get any GPS fix ....
    Also, I got GPS starting up message in GPStest app. but i don't see any bar or numbers at the bottom . can someone help me to fix my gps .. thanks

(all of these test was done outside my house in a clear sky view)...

My previous GSM unlock Treo Pro was working ok with GPS then one day the GPS just die and I have to send it in for this replacement.

please, help me .... thanks

phone service: T-Mobile without data plan
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Welcome to the club, my treo pro's gps unit only worked properly briefly. As I've stated in this forum before it's always 2 miles off and exhibits all the features you described above. There's anecdotal evidence that certain sd cards interfere with the gps and that swapping them out with a different one and resetting the phone will correct this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hacbua View Post
    I just got my treo pro from Palm as a replacement. this is GSM unlock Palm Treo Pro. Palm said it is a brand new one .......
    I have a hard time to get the GPS to work with google map or TomTom7 or IGuidance 4. I can't get the GPS signal to lock. I set external GPS (program= COM4, hardware = none and 4800, and check manage GPS Automatically).
    I have tried in that last 3-4 days... connect my Treo Pro to Wi-Fi, download the latest quickgps data and stand out side my house in a clear sky view for 30-45 min ... but no luck with google map (use GPS), TomTom7 or IGuidance4.
    I also installed GPStest and GPSviewer .... it say COM4= GPS found in GPSviewer but when I tab in the GPS status and wait for 30min but i can't get any GPS fix ....
    Also, I got GPS starting up message in GPStest app. but i don't see any bar or numbers at the bottom . can someone help me to fix my gps .. thanks

(all of these test was done outside my house in a clear sky view)...

My previous GSM unlock Treo Pro was working ok with GPS then one day the GPS just die and I have to send it in for this replacement.

please, help me .... thanks

phone service: T-Mobile without data plan
    Everything you describe tells me you're doing things right. Both Google Maps & GPStest should kick start your GPS & have things working right. I'd call Palm's CS & get them to replace the phone, again. It sounds like a bad GPS chip., again.

Bill

P.S -- For the other poster, your GPS accuracy will also vary with the app you're using I've run two different apps from the same location, with one showing me several houses away from my home, another was within 25 feet of where I was inside my home.
    Phones: Cingular 8525, GSM Treo Pro, Tilt 2
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I use GPS on my GSM Treo Pro all the time (TomTom, Google Maps, Bing) with great accuracy. Sounds to me you've got some sort of GPS Chip or Antenna problem.

I'd say Palm owes you a new Treo Pro!
    I found I had huge problems with Google Maps and Tom Tom on mine. Finally switched to the Garmin software and its worked perfect ever since. Gets a lock fairly quickly, is accurate..
  6.    #6  
    Today, I got my second Treo Pro replacement... I still have no luck with the GPS ... still no signal with google map .... I have tried it with no SD card in it .... I don't know what wrong with it ... I tried everything I had mention in the above thread ... no luck at all .. this is my third palm treo pro and gps is not working at all

thanks
    Here's what you should do.

Go over to Sprint and sign up for an Everything Data plan. I got a 450 anytime minute plan. Don't let that fool you, they give you unlimited minutes to AND from "ANY" mobile at ANY TIME, Period. That means you use the 450 anytime minutes from 7 to 7 when a call originates or ends up on a landbased line. This really is a ridiculous deal. This plan also includes UNLIMITED data usage and Sprint Navigation for free, unlimitedly, with UNLIMITED messages of any sort, pics, text, video. They throw in a bunch of other stuff and you can do like I just did and get a 10 percent discount when you say your a member of a credit union. I had to name off a bunch of credit union's to get the credit. The rep will work with you. Then make sure you get an Arkon car mount and some epoxy from Walmart to mount it on ur dash. I got mine paired with an AVH-P5100DVD Pioneer receiver which allows me to bluetooth the audio over my speakers(this includes Windows Media Player audio, Sprint Navigation turn-by-turn directions from the automated operator... etc etc. You just have to download jetwaremobile to get it to connect which is like 10 bucks. I have a stickshift so all I gotta do is hit the "voice" button on the touchscreen and with the phone set into the Arkon mount I can voice dial hands-free. This setup is amazing. My finger from the stickshift is about 2 inches away from the "Voice" button on the touchscreen so it's really hasslefree. The Sprint Navigation GPS system is really extraordinary and it's all realtime with no lag. I rarely have any issues with it and it has all neat sorts of search capabilities and stuff. You can't go wrong. So again, it's $63 dollars a month for almost unlimited calling and if you need more landline minutes they have the 900 plan for 89.95 minus 10 percent is 81 dollars or so with the discount. This plan beats anything on any other carrier, period, and they have great data. The only time I get dropped calls with my Treo Pro is in an elevator, and never have problems with data, period.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by holmesnmanny; 04/13/2010 at 02:07 AM.
    Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holmesnmanny View Post
    Here's what you should do.

Go over to Sprint and sign up for an Everything Data plan. I got a 450 anytime minute plan. Don't let that fool you, they give you unlimited minutes to AND from "ANY" mobile at ANY TIME, Period. That means you use the 450 anytime minutes from 7 to 7 when a call originates or ends up on a landbased line. This really is a ridiculous deal. This plan also includes UNLIMITED data usage and Sprint Navigation for free, unlimitedly, with UNLIMITED messages of any sort, pics, text, video. They throw in a bunch of other stuff and you can do like I just did and get a 10 percent discount when you say your a member of a credit union. I had to name off a bunch of credit union's to get the credit. The rep will work with you. Then make sure you get an Arkon car mount and some epoxy from Walmart to mount it on ur dash. I got mine paired with an AVH-P5100DVD Pioneer receiver which allows me to bluetooth the audio over my speakers(this includes Windows Media Player audio, Sprint Navigation turn-by-turn directions from the automated operator... etc etc. You just have to download jetwaremobile to get it to connect which is like 10 bucks. I have a stickshift so all I gotta do is hit the "voice" button on the touchscreen and with the phone set into the Arkon mount I can voice dial hands-free. This setup is amazing. My finger from the stickshift is about 2 inches away from the "Voice" button on the touchscreen so it's really hasslefree. The Sprint Navigation GPS system is really extraordinary and it's all realtime with no lag. I rarely have any issues with it and it has all neat sorts of search capabilities and stuff. You can't go wrong. So again, it's $63 dollars a month for almost unlimited calling and if you need more landline minutes they have the 900 plan for 89.95 minus 10 percent is 81 dollars or so with the discount. This plan beats anything on any other carrier, period, and they have great data. The only time I get dropped calls with my Treo Pro is in an elevator, and never have problems with data, period.

Hope this helps.
    He's using an unlocked gsm treo pro that won't work on Sprint!
    Man, 30mts waiting for a GPS signal lock? Ridiculous
    i have been trying to get my gps to work also so i went to store they tried no luck so they order me another phone 800.will see if that works.if not they can order me another it's not being charge to my ins.
    Got my new phone today gps works on this one.no charge......