This actually isn't a new issue for me, I couldn't find an answer to this when I was actually using the phone (on a Pre now), I just used EVDO for email and such. Now, I want to give the 800w to my mom, primarily for portable ebook reading and music, but I also want her to be able to use Pocket Tunes internet radio, get updates to the software I have installed, stuff like that. No matter what I do, I can't get anything to connect.

Right now, I have everything disabled for security in my router, everything else wireless in the house connects fine, including my Pre. The 800w finds the network fine, appears to connect, at least it says it's connected, but nothing actually works. No webpages, no email, no nothing. FWIW, it also doesn't show up in my active connections in my router config either.

The phone itself has no cellular service, that shouldn't be an issue, even when it did have service, I could never get a data connection with wifi and a connection to my home network. Any ideas here?