1.    #1  
    hey guys. thinking a out switching to bb 8530. thoughts? pros? cons
    I have the tro pro right now. One of the quirks
    that has started to irk me is the lack of apps for
    windows mobile devices. I have had this phone
    since it came out. Anyway, help is appreciated. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiesha View Post
    hey guys. thinking a out switching to bb 8530. thoughts? pros? cons
    I have the tro pro right now. One of the quirks
    that has started to irk me is the lack of apps for
    windows mobile devices. I have had this phone
    since it came out. Anyway, help is appreciated. :-)
    With all due respect:

"lack of apps for Windows Mobile devices"

Are you SERIOUS???

WinMo has TONS of apps, probably as much as the glorified iPhone. There are a decent number of iPhone apps that are, in reality, nothing more than "apps" created by corporations to view their web sites simply because Apple insists on not supporting Flash. So you have to download an app just to view Geico, to view Coldwell Banker, to view CNN, to view...the list goes on and on. Subtract those from the iPhone app count because if their phone wasn't restricted, locked-down and limited in web browsing functionality...they wouldn't need to exist.

WinMo has thousands of apps, many FREE. Start at

Freeware Pocket PC. Free Software and Game Downloads for Windows Mobile Phones

then go to

Windows Marketplace for Mobile | Windows Mobile

and

Mobile Software and Games for your PDA or Smartphone : Handango

How about

The Best Free Apps for Your Windows Mobile Device - Feature - Lifehacker

and

Treocentral - Centro Apps & Treo Apps

?

Don't forget

Windows Mobile apps software | best apps software for Windows phone

plus

App Store for Windows Mobile :: powered by PocketGear

and

PocketPC Software - 1800PocketPC.com Software Store

Did you remember

SPB Software for Windows Mobile (Pocket PC, Smartphone, PDA), Symbian, iPhone, Android

plus dozens, if not hundreds, of direct-from-the-source apps like Pandora, Kimona, Symantec, Google, Mozilla, Sprite and many others.
    If you want lots of apps, I don't think a Blackberry is the way to go. Windows Mobile has lots of apps, you just have to search for what you want, and that is likely off-putting to nubies. The iPhone is much easier with the iTunes store, and apps are cheaper though you really have to sort through reviews to determine if they are worthwhile. If I wanted a phone with easy-to-find apps I would probably recommend iPhone over a BB, but if I were you I would give the Treo a chance and check out the various software repositories listed above. Just make sure they work with the Pro's resolution, which is its biggest handicap for app compatibility.
    Currently using a Treo Pro with Seidio's holster.
    I'm likely to return to BB at some point; among the current models, I like the 9700.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    wow... just wow thats all i can say about this!!! everday i find 100's of new apps for winmo