1.    #1  
    Is there a way to rename my bluetooth on my Treo Pro?

It seems that there is no option here to rename the bluetooth name

Thanks in advance..
    N3210 > N6210 > N7650 > N3650 > SE K700i > Treo 680 > Treo Pro...
    Quote Originally Posted by yanz011 View Post
    Is there a way to rename my bluetooth on my Treo Pro?

It seems that there is no option here to rename the bluetooth name

Thanks in advance..
    The Bluetooth name is the same name that you enter in

Settings > System (tab) > About > Device ID (tab)

That Device ID tab functions the same as XP's System Properties / Computer Name tab setting - it is a network identifier. Since Bluetooth is a network stack any ID you enter in the Device ID tab to grant your Treo Pro a unique name when connected to a IP network will also be shared / used on the Bluetooth network.

Note that once you set any Device ID name manually it will:

(a) break any current Bluetooth pairing you have, as you are changing one of the partner's name. You must re-pair all your devices after you change the Device ID

and

(b) it deletes the [default] factory unique alphanumeric ID permanently. You can never get that random alphanumeric ID back; WinMo will not allow a null entry in the Device ID field to be used as an attempt to force WinMo to regenerate the factory random ID. This is probably not a problem - after all, you intentionally want to name the device - but just warning you "You Can't Go Back" unless you either hard reset the device or write down the factory random ID so you can manually enter it into the Device ID field later.

Why can (b) be an issue, if any? The random ID is technically more secure than the name will you manually grant the device because, after all, it's random. For added security my personal recommendation is once you put a human-decipherable name into the Device ID field you turn off Bluetooth's announce (visible to other Bluetooth networks) feature.